UIDetect

• brussell
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 9 months ago #21 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic UIDetect
@Sauron462
I can't reproduce this. Could you make a new thread in Troubleshooting with logs please.

@Radstark
It's possible to do that in principle, but it would make the detection very unreliable in most cases.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• wkdpaul
More
3 years 8 months ago #22 by wkdpaul Replied by wkdpaul on topic UIDetect
I'm having the same compile error ;

• brussell
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 8 months ago #23 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic UIDetect
It seems your ReShade.fxh is outdated or wrong.

• FurioS
More
3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #24 by FurioS Replied by FurioS on topic UIDetect
Hey, I did everything as instructed in UIDetect.fxh but the shaders still works on menu. Going into the statistics in reshade, I have something like in the picture. After checking the "preview original" option, shader works fine, but unfortunately I have to mark it every time I started game.
Additionally, entering the UIDetect.fx code on path 106, I get the message "warning x3206" implict truncation of vector type ". I also attach it in the photo.
Unfortunately, mask on the HUD also doesn't work. I tested MaskUI and works ok.
thank you in advance for your help
Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by FurioS.

• brussell
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #25 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic UIDetect
Please have a look at the following thread and see if it helps you:
reshade.me/forum/shader-discussion/6636-can-t-get-uidetect-work

As for the "warning x3206", you can ignore this (but thanks for reporing, I's fixed now).
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by brussell.

• FurioS
More
3 years 7 months ago #26 by FurioS Replied by FurioS on topic UIDetect
Yes, I read this thread, but I'm sure it's not the color coordinates that are the problem here. I edited for a test uidetect.fx file and I set "epsilon" to 255 value which excludes a color error and detector did not turn off rest of shaders.

• canceralp
More
3 years 7 months ago #27 by canceralp Replied by canceralp on topic UIDetect
Thanks for the awesome shader! The idea is great but I had some trouble making it work. I tried to use it for disabling perfect perspective when a menu or setting screen is open. I tried this;

uidedect.fx //defects the original image
Uidedectbefore //where things start
Uimasktop // this saves my top compass in Horizon Zero Dawn
Perfect perspective // fixes my 135Hor game
Uimaskbottom // draws the uneffected compass on top of the stretched screen.
Uidedectafter //end of UI dedect.

Here I assigned 10 fixed colors and coordinates to UI Dedect from the compass. The idea is; when the compass is there UI Dedect kicks in and turns on UImask + Perfect Perspective. When the compass is not there, everything is disabled (like cutscenes).

This works in Control Dx11, but won't work on Horizon Zero Dawn or Control Dx12. First I thought it was not working on Dx12 but then I found out Arkham Knight also didn't work (Dx11).

BTW, I read UI Dedect has its own UI mask option but I couldn't find how to use it so used the other UI mask shader.

I'm pretty sure I'm picking non-transparent pixels in all 3 games so that shouldn't be an issue.

Plus; may I give some ideas?
1) a tolerance option would be great. Imagine a slider between 1-255. Let's say one sets it for 24. That would mean the color may be 12 tones darker or 12 brighter than the given value but still accepted, as long as other pixels are in this range, too. This would require more pixels for stability but also would eliminate problems with slight color changes coming from screen settings, anti-aliasing, etc.

2) UI mask offset option. Assuming UI mask is working like the UI mask shader, being able to move it up/down and left/right would be super useful. For example, Arkham Knight's top compass gives a big margin from the top. When used with perfect perspective it results in two compasses. One is the original one, stretched to the top of the screen, and the other is the one coming from UI mask, unaltered.

Thank you again for the great work.

• Sweenus
More
3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #28 by Sweenus Replied by Sweenus on topic UIDetect
Managed to get this working with ESO despite the slight transparency - thank you for this tool!

Is there any way to allow for a universal setup of this, instead of a per-user setup? Perhaps the range option that others have suggested would achieve this.
I would love to create presets for games using this tool and make them available to the community, but as it stands, asking your average Joe to go find a bunch of specific pixel coordinates and RGB values in order to get the preset working correctly is a bit much.

EDIT:
Actually, on second thought - Could you just remove the rgb entry from the config entirely, and instead have reshade detect the rgb values based on the pixel coords entered? This way, the user doesn't have to find the exact rgb values for their setup, and presets for varying resolutions can be made and packaged ready to use.

I'm not familiar with HLSL, but after having a proper look through your code, it seems this kind of function is already being used to determine if the UI is open or not. I would imagine this could also be used to determine the initial rgb value before effects are applied: pixelColor = round(tex2Dlod(ReShade::BackBuffer, float4(pixelCoord, 0, 0)).rgb * 255);
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Sweenus. Reason: Second thought

• LordRadai
More
3 years 6 months ago #29 by LordRadai Replied by LordRadai on topic UIDetect
Hello, this shader is actually amazing, but im having a problem while using this for Dark Souls II Scholar of the First Sin, for some reason, a box appears around fires when I enable V_texColorOrig from the Statistics menu. Any idea why this happens?
imgur.com/a/BWt7GJ9

• Faustus86
More
3 years 3 months ago #30 by Faustus86 Replied by Faustus86 on topic UIDetect
Question: Does this work across multiple monitors?

Let's say i want to share a preset and prepare this shader for all resolutions with my monitor. Will it work the same way for everyone?

• MinerOfWorlds
More
3 years 2 months ago #31 by MinerOfWorlds Replied by MinerOfWorlds on topic UIDetect
Do you think bloom masking could be added in the future? It's not too important, but I think it would be a nice feature.

This is still a fantastic shader anyway.

• brussell
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 2 months ago #32 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic UIDetect
What do you mean by that? You can mask any shader you want, including bloom.

• MinerOfWorlds
More
3 years 2 months ago #33 by MinerOfWorlds Replied by MinerOfWorlds on topic UIDetect
I mean inserting a black texture where masking is applied so that a bloom shader ignores it.

Here is a thread that talk about it before: reshade.me/forum/shader-suggestions/4770...asking-bloom-effects

• Vetrogor
More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #34 by Vetrogor Replied by Vetrogor on topic UIDetect
I have tried to launch on Mount&Blade Warband with directX9. It works only with one pixel. Any other pixel doesn't work. Also reshadUI have range from 0 to 1920 pixels but in the Photoshop shown from 0 to 1919. What is correct coordinates? Do I need to add +1 inside reshade? Or +1 inside uidetext.fxh? Does it support directx9? Also what software I need to use for making screenshots. I have tried reshade and bandicam and rgb colors are different a bit sometimes. Also what are settings I need to do inside reshade?

"Added after 2 h"
It turns out that not all pixels have appropriate values. Even with showing pixel colors. For screenshots better to use bitmap format (idk png is good or not). It's very unpleasant to restart game each time...
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Vetrogor.

• brussell
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #35 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic UIDetect
Changelog v. 2.2
-fixed wrong pixel coordinates; there should be no more mismatch of screenshot coordinates anymore
-added UIDetect_LEGACYMODE option to enable usage of old (wrong) coordinates
-more robust check of pixel equality
-removed ShowPixel effect; should not be necessary anymore
-some clarification and cleanup in description of UIDetect.fxh and added info in Reshade GUI

github.com/brussell1/Shaders/commit/2ddb...e7c4a8fa8fb08a2c5a7b

Last edit: 2 years 2 months ago by brussell.

• alienw15
More
2 years 1 week ago #36 by alienw15 Replied by alienw15 on topic UIDetect
Hey brussell,

Thanks for your shader, testing in Elden Ring in SDR is working great, but how can I do for HDR?

First there is the struggle to take HDR screenshot, which I did with Nvidia Geforce Experience, but then actually opening them and finding the RGB code.

Even if I could, how does Reshade reads HDR RBG colors? Would it even work?

Thanks

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.