John Chapnam's Pseudo Lens Flare

• SolarLiner
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #1 by SolarLiner John Chapnam's Pseudo Lens Flare was created by SolarLiner
Hi,

I ported John Chapman's Pseudo Lens flares: john-chapman-graphics.blogspot.fr/2013/0...eudo-lens-flare.html
Simple port, except maybe more control over the shader itself, there's no much more than the original.
The only thing I changed is the threshold function, to allow a soft knee (luminance mask will gradually fade from to 0 to 1 instead of being sharp)

Screenshots from Space Engine:

I'd like to have it inserted with the MasterEffect if possible, I tried it myself but honestly the file's too huge and I'm kinda lost in it ^^

Download: drive.google.com/file/d/0B_D5rfm0gWO1RDB...VnM/view?usp=sharing
Last edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by SolarLiner.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BrandonHortman, TinchO

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
9 years 2 weeks ago - 8 years 5 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic John Chapnam's Pseudo Lens Flare

SolarLiner wrote: I'd like to have it inserted with the MasterEffect if possible, I tried it myself but honestly the file's too huge and I'm kinda lost in it ^^

You mind find this interesting. =)
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by crosire. Reason: Fixed link

• Marty McFly
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #3 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic John Chapnam's Pseudo Lens Flare
^this and MasterEffect already has the chapman lensflare since the initial release.

• BrandonHortman
More
9 years 5 days ago #4 by BrandonHortman Replied by BrandonHortman on topic John Chapnam's Pseudo Lens Flare
+1 for the framework. I'd like to see what it can do.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.