Simple before/after

• Fu-Bama
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #1 by Fu-Bama Simple before/after was created by Fu-Bama
As in title.

There are two techniques in this shader; Before and After.
They have to be both activated.
Drag After to the bottom of the list, and Before before some effects you want to compare.

Shader Code:
Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Fu-Bama.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BeTa, Insomnia, andrew, Viper_Joe, Arkane

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tojkar
More
6 years 1 month ago #2 by Tojkar Replied by Tojkar on topic Simple before/after
I got an idea from this and your other depth dependant shaders.

Would it be possible to do before/after shader also depth dependant? That way we could have any existing shader to affect only part of the image based on distance to the player in 3d-world.

• Fu-Bama
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #3 by Fu-Bama Replied by Fu-Bama on topic Simple before/after
Very nice idea :)
Code:
Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Fu-Bama. Reason: updated code
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tojkar

• Tojkar
More
6 years 1 month ago #4 by Tojkar Replied by Tojkar on topic Simple before/after
I got to say, the depth update is awesome.

You made the depth sharpening shader which allows to control back- and foreground independently. If you could update this one to similar, that would be awesome.

Also, I assume you know that depth is calculated in planar coordinates which causes the depth based effects being further away in the edges of the screen. If those coordinates could be changed to polar coordinates, the result would look even more gorgeous. This question applies to the sharpen effect too.

But no fuss..it's already awesome!

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.