qUINT

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #141 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic qUINT
Wicked Sick Thanks man :)
Daodan You have a lot of skill at taking screenshots, mind if I take that particular screenshot to promote my shader?
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Marty McFly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Daodan
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #142 by Daodan Replied by Daodan on topic qUINT

Marty McFly wrote: Daodan You have a lot of skill at taking screenshots, mind if I take that particular screenshot to promote my shader?

You can use it. I wouldn't mind that at all.
And thanks for the compliment :)
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Daodan.

• hunt1hunt
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #143 by hunt1hunt Replied by hunt1hunt on topic qUINT
Marty McFly OMG !! ssr is beautiful, can you add ColorMask for ssr just like RBM ,SO SOMETIME SSR CAN BE USED AS WATER REFLECTION ;ColorMask allows the land without reflecting but the water to reflect,or Or use adjustable color wheel instead of fixed color mask.
of course, without use ColorMask the whole plane has reflections like rainy days :P thank you for your shader!

Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by hunt1hunt.

• Chavolatra
More
5 years 6 months ago #144 by Chavolatra Replied by Chavolatra on topic qUINT
It is very nice shader, OMG !! hahahaha

what next is coming for you about shaders ?

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #145 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic qUINT

Chavolatra wrote: It is very nice shader, OMG !! hahahaha
what next is coming for you about shaders ?

Since Otis is working on near plane blur, I decided to step up my game. It still has some issues but I expect them to be resolved in the near future.

[img

• OtisInf
More
5 years 6 months ago #146 by OtisInf Replied by OtisInf on topic qUINT
Neat :) Using a blurred CoC pane or tiles?

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #147 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic qUINT
The latter. I'm not sure though how I want to process those - right now I use H/V filter which has for tile size NxN complexity O(2N) - if I repeatly group 4 pixels and filter those, I get O(log2(N)) but the problem is, I need more passes which might kill off the gain and intermediate textures. Maybe if I do some sort of bit packing in multiple channels, I can speed it up.

Right now I try to process near and far blur together but that doesn't seem to work out so far. Guess I need to detach near blur plane and use my regular bokeh blur for far - which works nice enough. Maybe I can even detec those areas where the near blur has to "fade" and impaint or reprocess only those areas. Might be super tricky but we'll see how well this goes. I definitely want to avoid fading by reducing blur radius in those areas. I learned a lot in this approach, might attempt my luck with the UE4 approach again.

• Chavolatra
More
5 years 6 months ago #148 by Chavolatra Replied by Chavolatra on topic qUINT
i can make only water reflections using you shader in gta vice city ?

• GP-Unity
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #149 by GP-Unity Replied by GP-Unity on topic qUINT
Trying to get the right SSR settings for Asylum, my goal is to get the background city reflections visible on the water surface:

I've configured the values as much as i can to get the cities reflected properly:

I've brought down the reflection intensity to just about see the background city reflections, but nearby reflections are still too intense. You can tell on Batman's body, but the same is true for many nearby objects when moving the in-game camera around:

Anything i can do here? I assume configuring reflections properly is difficult in lower poly third person games.
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by GP-Unity.

• GP-Unity
More
5 years 6 months ago #150 by GP-Unity Replied by GP-Unity on topic qUINT
Also with the Special K tool by Kaldaien, might be possible to choose specific objects to use the SSR shader. Of course, the difficult part would be to somehow make the SSR shader only apply to specific objects whilst receiving all colour information from the full screen. SK has been often used for many games like Shenmue and Monster Hunter World. It works with most games as Reshade does, so might be worth considering getting SSR to work with SK. Might be possible to get proper car reflections in GTA V for once, lol.

• OtisInf
More
5 years 6 months ago #151 by OtisInf Replied by OtisInf on topic qUINT

Marty McFly wrote: The latter. Right now I try to process near and far blur together but that doesn't seem to work out so far. Guess I need to detach near blur plane and use my regular bokeh blur for far - which works nice enough. Maybe I can even detec those areas where the near blur has to "fade" and impaint or reprocess only those areas. Might be super tricky but we'll see how well this goes. I definitely want to avoid fading by reducing blur radius in those areas. I learned a lot in this approach, might attempt my luck with the UE4 approach again.

I indeed think decoupling them and doing them in separate passes seems best, although if I understand it correctly, Jimenez does both in 1 pass (COD MW dof presentation), but it's a question how on earth you have to process the data on the tiles. No presentation can give proper info about that. I get the idea of the tile (everything is blurred with the same coc) and you need some sort of blending to re-introduce the CoC dependencies, but how the blending works... a mystery... UE4 uses compute shaders tho, might be tricky to get that working in reshade. Good luck :)

• Chavolatra
More
5 years 6 months ago #152 by Chavolatra Replied by Chavolatra on topic qUINT

GP-Unity wrote: Also with the Special K tool by Kaldaien, might be possible to choose specific objects to use the SSR shader. Of course, the difficult part would be to somehow make the SSR shader only apply to specific objects whilst receiving all colour information from the full screen. SK has been often used for many games like Shenmue and Monster Hunter World. It works with most games as Reshade does, so might be worth considering getting SSR to work with SK. Might be possible to get proper car reflections in GTA V for once, lol.

"Special K tool by Kaldaien"

What this ?

• GP-Unity
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #153 by GP-Unity Replied by GP-Unity on topic qUINT

Chavolatra wrote: "Special K tool by Kaldaien"

What this ?

Main Special K group on Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/SpecialK_Mods
Kaldaien's responsible for many game fixes, such as NieR: Automata, Dark Souls 3, Final Fantasy X etc. Check the right hand side of the linked site for game specific versions of SK. You can use SK on pretty much any game excluding most multiplayer games similarly to Reshade (to avoid bans) and also Dx12 and Vulkan games. SK can do many things, but what i'm focusing on for the purposes of Reshade is that SK allows you to select shaders (vertex, pixel, compute) and sometimes more shaders in game and modify them. He's also added to the Reshade github and has made a customised version of Reshade for use with SK. For the most part, editing shaders works best in Dx11 games which should be made clear. SK is also still heavily in development so a lot can change in the future. Chances are you've already used SK without realizing, by using one of Kaldaien's fixes for any of the associated games.

I have a direct connection with Kaldaien on Steam, so if Marty wants to contact Kaldaien directly and get to know more about SK first, he can let me know :D I know Kaldaien's fond of MXAO. Last i checked one of the things he wanted to do was integrate more of Reshade's potential within SK, whilst crediting Crosire of course, the intention is to take Reshade's abilities further.
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by GP-Unity.

• Chavolatra
More
5 years 6 months ago #154 by Chavolatra Replied by Chavolatra on topic qUINT
"SK can do many things, but what i'm focusing on for the purposes of Reshade is that SK allows you to select shaders (vertex, pixel, compute) and sometimes more shaders in game and modify them. "

equals ENB ?

• GP-Unity
More
5 years 6 months ago #155 by GP-Unity Replied by GP-Unity on topic qUINT
It's not a post-processing injector. It's hard to even explain really, but you can modify already existing shaders within a game. You also have OSD stats for GPU and other information, can change frame rate limit, enable texture modding and some more. For post processing injection, it uses Reshade as Reshade is already suitable for the task.

• hunt1hunt
More
5 years 6 months ago #156 by hunt1hunt Replied by hunt1hunt on topic qUINT

• Zireael
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #157 by Zireael Replied by Zireael on topic qUINT

hunt1hunt wrote: abload.de/img/mosteastrategygamesscaxc54.png [/img]

This looks like vomit smeared over the game. It's not even a good showcase of the shader.
Why do you feel the need to post it in multiple threads?
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Zireael.

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #158 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic qUINT

OtisInf wrote: I indeed think decoupling them and doing them in separate passes seems best, although if I understand it correctly, Jimenez does both in 1 pass (COD MW dof presentation), but it's a question how on earth you have to process the data on the tiles. No presentation can give proper info about that. I get the idea of the tile (everything is blurred with the same coc) and you need some sort of blending to re-introduce the CoC dependencies, but how the blending works... a mystery... UE4 uses compute shaders tho, might be tricky to get that working in reshade. Good luck :)

Well, I do practically the same as they do there (except my code doesn't need that renormalization they do after) but it's still buggy. Decoupling near and far probably has the advantage that you can ensure that nothing bleeds (premultiply CoC) and ship all tap data in one RGBA8 texture since blur acceptance is fundamentally different for near and far and you don't have to do that then in code.

• UTwelve
More
5 years 6 months ago #159 by UTwelve Replied by UTwelve on topic qUINT
same settings,It looks terrible,why? :blink: (Game:FINAL FANTASY 14)

mxao.fx↓
Warning: Spoiler!

quint_mxao.fx↓

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #160 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic qUINT
Hmm, that's strange. Can you take screenshots in debug mode maybe? I can hardly see the AO on these pictures. Also, when do you use newest qUINT MXAO file here (github repo gets regularily updated)?

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.