qUINT

• phroZac
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #201 by phroZac Replied by phroZac on topic qUINT
Hi Marty, I've lurked these forums for a long time but never bothered to comment. Thanks for all your work!

I have a couple observations regarding the LUT feature. I'm enabling Lightroom for just its vignette(best vignette in ReShade btw) after generating the LUT, zeroing out the color tweaks, and enabling the LUT shader, I've found that using Lightroom for colorgrading + vignette is no more expensive than using it only for the vignette and the separate LUT shader for color tweaks. So it's a wash as far as efficiency is concerned, unless I'm reading the statistics wrong? It seems great for those who pile on 5,6,7 color shaders, but I'm fairly efficient in that area, as I never use more than 4 color shaders and am very specific with their usage. I'll keep messing with it. However, I have noticed that the LUT generated through Lightroom doesn't yield a 1-to-1 result with the settings as displayed through Lightroom. After a bit of luma tweaking in the LUT shader, it gets close, but not exact. Is this your experience as well? I made sure to create the LUT with only Lightroom active and the vignette off. Sorry if this has already been covered in the thread.
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by phroZac.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper_Joe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Viper_Joe
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #202 by Viper_Joe Replied by Viper_Joe on topic qUINT

phroZac wrote: I have noticed that the LUT generated through Lightroom doesn't yield a 1-to-1 result with the settings as displayed through Lightroom. After a bit of luma tweaking in the LUT shader, it gets close, but not exact. Is this your experience as well? I made sure to create the LUT with only Lightroom active and the vignette off. Sorry if this has already been covered in the thread.

I am relieved to know I'm not the only one experiencing this. I thought it was just my eyes playing tricks on me and started looking for a bunch of different photo-editing software to crop out the LUT generated by Lightroom; regardless of the software I used, there was a clear difference between the LUT.fx image and the Lightroom settings. It's a shame because Lightroom.fx has a relatively high performance cost with the vignetting and other things I personally don't use, and I'm basically forced to keep it enabled if I want to retain the exact same color adjustments.

I've tried to bring this issue to Marty's attention a few pages back with screenshots to backup my claim, but I didn't get any response from him.
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Viper_Joe.

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #203 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic qUINT
Oh? Apparently I missed that, apologies. Need to investigate this... I was under the assumption that if I display a completely neutral LUT and let the color adjustments run over that, it should be fine. Maybe there's a bug there somewhere.

Try this:

reshade.me/forum/shader-presentation/452...nerate-and-apply-lut

to draw the LUT before Lightroom instead. If this should yield the correct results, my LUT generation is wrong.

Also most of the performance cost of Lightroom comes from the histogram, just disable it in the preprocessor settings if you don't need it.
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Marty McFly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper_Joe, phroZac

• amoebae
More
5 years 6 months ago #204 by amoebae Replied by amoebae on topic qUINT
Marty (or anyone), if I wanted to use qUINT MXAO at the same time as regular MXAO, which values would I need to rename in either .fx so they don't conflict?

I've done this before with two tonemapping shaders, but none of the settings overlapped so it was only, if memory serves, references to the name of the shader I had to change. MXAO seems infinitely more complex, so I'm not sure where to start.

• Uncle Crassius
More
5 years 6 months ago #205 by Uncle Crassius Replied by Uncle Crassius on topic qUINT
Open the shader file and scroll down to

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
// Technique
//++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Then change the name after "technique" right below the header to whatever you like.
The following user(s) said Thank You: amoebae

• AnoDamn
More
5 years 6 months ago #206 by AnoDamn Replied by AnoDamn on topic qUINT
Hey Marty, loving the MXAO. Is it okay to use it in commercial game? Of course I don't mean just copy-pasting the shader but using your techniques and ideas?

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #207 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic qUINT
No, it isn't, it's licensed like it is for a reason. But if you're interested in it, I'm sure we can come to an agreement. What sort of game are we talking about?

• AnoDamn
More
5 years 6 months ago #208 by AnoDamn Replied by AnoDamn on topic qUINT
Just a simple arcade helicopter game I'm doing in Unreal 4. It's gonna be at least few months when it's done but I just found out about MXAO and it looked better than SSAO in Unreal so I thought I'd ask about using it.

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #209 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic qUINT
The only social media I currently have is Discord, hop on my server:
[strike]
discord.gg/JNruR3x [/strike]
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Marty McFly.

• Daodan
More
5 years 6 months ago #210 by Daodan Replied by Daodan on topic qUINT

Marty McFly wrote: Oh? Apparently I missed that, apologies. Need to investigate this... I was under the assumption that if I display a completely neutral LUT and let the color adjustments run over that, it should be fine. Maybe there's a bug there somewhere.

Just had an issue where the generated LUT was significantly darker than the output from lightroom. The problem was that I had the vignette effect enabled which is drawn at the end of the pixel shader and therefore darkens the LUT. It might be a good idea to automatically disable the vignette when the LUT is drawn.

• amoebae
More
5 years 6 months ago #211 by amoebae Replied by amoebae on topic qUINT

Uncle Crassius wrote: Open the shader file and scroll down to

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
// Technique
//++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Then change the name after "technique" right below the header to whatever you like.

Oh, is that all that's needed? Brilliant, thank you :)

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #212 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic qUINT
There might be problems with the textures/samplers since their names are shared across shader files.
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Marty McFly.

• amoebae
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #213 by amoebae Replied by amoebae on topic qUINT

Marty McFly wrote: There might be problems with the textures/samplers since their names are shared across shader files.

This is what I wondered about. Should I just match my new name for MXAO (under technique) with every instance of MXAO elsewhere?

Edit: I just followed the error logs and I had to rename the 2dtex values. I'm still getting a red compiling error message in the main 'loading shaders' banner but the log doesn't say there's anything going on, and both shaders are working together, so I'm ignoring it.

Anyway, it enables me to check them both against each other, and with the exact same settings they are wildly different, which is what I found when using them separately before. And sure enough, additionally this new quint version shows geometry a good deal more than the old one.

I like having both installed at the same time, though. I can set up each for different situations and toggle between them when needed.Win-win, really.
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by amoebae.

• Daodan
More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #214 by Daodan Replied by Daodan on topic qUINT
Fiddling around with Lightroom, Bloom, MXAO and ADOF.
qUINT gives the image a whole new look:

That's the cover of their new black metal album ;)

Original image:
Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Daodan.

• Chavolatra
More
5 years 5 months ago #215 by Chavolatra Replied by Chavolatra on topic qUINT
I wanted to know of Ray Tracing AO and Color mask for SSR.

do you have news for these ?

• phroZac
More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #216 by phroZac Replied by phroZac on topic qUINT
Thanks for your help earlier with the LUT issue, Marty! That helped a lot. I mentioned that I used to use no more than 4 color shaders for color grading, but now with Lightroom, I use 1! :D That's seriously awesome. Maybe you can help with a few more questions?

Question #1:
Is there a way to toggle on/off certain sections of Lightroom? For example, say I've made adjustments across both the Palette and Curves tabs, but I want to check how only my Curves adjustments are affecting the image without zeroing out my Palette values. Is there a way to toggle a tab on/off to more efficiently evaluate edits? If not, it'd be great to have a toggle for the color grading tabs like the ones already included with LUT, Histogram, and Vignette.

Question #2:
Is there a way to individually edit highlights/midtones/shadows for RGB? The global controls are too broad, and the palette controls work across the entire value range for their particular color channel. For example, say I wanted to cool or warm the shadows by adding or subtracting blue only. Of course, it's probably due to inexperience, but unless I'm missing something I can't seem to do that currently.
If not, is it possible to add Curves controls for RGB? Maybe something like LiftGammaGain?

Thanks for all you do!
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by phroZac.

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #217 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic qUINT
Daodan Oh shit, that looks sinister!

phroZac #1 is possible, haven't considered that. I want to restructure the UI a bit and worry a bit how to do this without breaking presets. But then, Lightroom is supposed to spit out a LUT in the end so ...
#2 is also possible, this blows up the UI options by 3x though, might overwhelm a lot of people. I'll consider it, though, curves in RGB sound sensible.

Chavolatra Sorry, I've been a bit occupied with the following.

Got side-tracked when working on my new DoF: a screen-space voxelizer! I tried this a good while ago and it did work somewhat, but this time it works perfectly. The raycasting here is a bit buggy but only serves as a means to display the voxel tree, the voxels can be used for AO, GI and a lot of other things. If this works out, this might be a step up from ray/cone-traced AO even.

[img

original for reference

[img
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Marty McFly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jas01, DeMondo, Uncle Crassius, SandyCheeks, j4712, Spellshade, phroZac

• altokitty
More
5 years 5 months ago #218 by altokitty Replied by altokitty on topic qUINT
Damn, that voxelizer looks insane!

It's been a while since you've updated qUINT and I've been itching to try out your new DoF, hopefully it's coming soon. :)

• Chavolatra
More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #219 by Chavolatra Replied by Chavolatra on topic qUINT
It is amazing !!, you can broken the limits of reshade :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Chavolatra.

• SandyCheeks
More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #220 by SandyCheeks Replied by SandyCheeks on topic qUINT

Marty McFly wrote:
Got side-tracked when working on my new DoF: a screen-space voxelizer! I tried this a good while ago and it did work somewhat, but this time it works perfectly. The raycasting here is a bit buggy but only serves as a means to display the voxel tree, the voxels can be used for AO, GI and a lot of other things. If this works out, this might be a step up from ray/cone-traced AO even.

Wow! This is very possibly the most exciting use of reshade since it's inception, keep up the great work Marty!

Edit: Sorry to hear about that BS that went down with you and Boris btw. You deserve way more respect than he showed. Hopefully it's some consolation for you to realize/remember, that the vast majority of people who use reshade are huge fans of yours, and really appreciate how much you've contributed to PC gaming as a whole. Thanks again, for all you do :)
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by SandyCheeks.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.