qUINT

• TheDazaster
More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #241 by TheDazaster Replied by TheDazaster on topic qUINT
@AssasinsDecree
Works fine for me. Did you remember to download the latest quint update from github?
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by TheDazaster.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Wicked Sick
More
5 years 4 months ago #242 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic qUINT
That's strange, man. I also play No Man's Sky and I use Marty's shaders, they are great by the way and thanks a lot, with no issues. I rename my DLL to dxgi, tho. Have you tried that?

Maybe you should update your shader.

github.com/martymcmodding/qUINT

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago #243 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic qUINT
AssassinsDecree The log is still available, so just open the file and show me, then I might be able to find out what's wrong. But as Wicked Sick said, be sure to update first and see if it's still problematic. Remember to also update the quINT_common.fxh.

• AssassinsDecree
More
5 years 4 months ago #244 by AssassinsDecree Replied by AssassinsDecree on topic qUINT

TheDazaster wrote: @AssasinsDecree
Works fine for me. Did you remember to download the latest quint update from github?

Yes, all updated everything, Marty's Shaders, ReShade framework, game itself. The problem is stemming from the update shaders mixed with the updated 4.0.2 framework. When I revert back to reshade 3.4.1 and Marty's old Quint shaders, no problems again.

Wicked Sick wrote: That's strange, man. I also play No Man's Sky and I use Marty's shaders, they are great by the way and thanks a lot, with no issues. I rename my DLL to dxgi, tho. Have you tried that?

Interesting, yea for me I have to always make sure my ReShade files are renamed from dxgi to opengl32 or d3d11, etc., for them not to CTD on launch, with all games actually. With No Man's Sky, I actually have to disable my integrated graphics card from my device manager before the game will run with ReShade enabled (I have a GTX 1060 as my main graphics card). Otherwise ReShade tries to always load on the integrated card no matter what, I tell the game to launch with. It's a mess, lol.

Marty McFly wrote: AssassinsDecree The log is still available, so just open the file and show me, then I might be able to find out what's wrong. But as Wicked Sick said, be sure to update first and see if it's still problematic. Remember to also update the quINT_common.fxh.

Oh, sorry, I think the log file rebuilt itself when I ran the game with the old version of ReaShade again. It's only reflecting the last session, where I switched back from 4.0.2 to 3.4.1. But yes, when I tried 4.0.2, I made sure i updated all you shaders, including the quint_common.fxh. Here's the last log I have, but it looks like it's from 3.4.1:
Warning: Spoiler!

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago #245 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic qUINT
Hm what stops you from running 4.0.2 again and generating a new log file?

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #246 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic qUINT
Moving on then.

If you check the github repository, I've updated MXAO and Lightroom. MXAO only received a miniscule change (blend type drag -> slider) but Lightroom got some needed improvement:

I've changed the color grade to not process every pixel with the lengthy calculations but to draw to a 64x64x64 LUT internally and read from it. This has the benefit that instead of processing e.g. 1920 x 1080 ~ 2 million pixels, only ~ 260.000 are using the lengthy CC code, about 12.6% on Full HD. This greatly improves performance and makes the fps hit of the color grading independent from screen resolution. My setup makes it a tiny bit difficult to benchmark these changes atm but it did roughly halve the millisecond cost per frame so a 100% performance increase of the main filter.

Theoretically I could even make the technique timeout so the CC doesn't run at all if not tweaked, but then it'd be much more difficult to use.

The shader also had a bug going on with the LUT overlay that produced wrong colors when used, as reported by multiple users. I could verify this when I wrote that other code and found the culprit, fixed now.
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by Marty McFly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick, Qsimil, Viper_Joe, Marty, Arkane, Masterfireheart, Spellshade, altokitty

• sets
More
5 years 3 months ago #247 by sets Replied by sets on topic qUINT
maybe i'm dumb but i still can't produce the LUT which looks like the lightroom

lightroom on (no other shaders enabled)

i.postimg.cc/KvqSn2rY/lr1.jpg

LUT create by taking screen shot while lightroom is on and cut the lut out using photoshop :

i.postimg.cc/fRpGrfPn/lr2.jpg

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago #248 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic qUINT
Ok that's weird. I'm currently unable to investigate this but if you roll back to an older version of Lightroom (github makes this very easy), does the image look screwed up like this as well?

• sets
More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #249 by sets Replied by sets on topic qUINT
tbh lightroom LUT has never been working for me XD, i saw you mention fixing the LUT on your previous post so i gave it a try
i'll try older version when i get home
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by sets.

• kanuuna
More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #250 by kanuuna Replied by kanuuna on topic qUINT
Are there older (3.X.X compatible versions) of the Quint SSR shader available someplace? I found that all of the shaders in the latest depreciated pack is compatible with 3.1.2.85, which I'm having to resort to with Mass Effect (1) in order to get the depth buffer working with that title.

Edit: After some more digging, I was able to find the version of the shader added to gitHub. If anyone else is looking for it, it can currently be found here:
github.com/martymcmodding/qUINT/commit/3...9abe52d04aca56043634

This, however, didn't resolve my problem with the 3.1.85 version of ReShade I'm running with Mass Effect.

[...]\Shaders\qUINT_ssr.fx(148, 80): error X3004: undeclared identifier 'qUINT: :ASPECT_RATIO'
[...]\Shaders\qUINT_ssr.fx (148, 99): error X3000: syntax error: unexpected ' , '

Not quite sure where to go from here, but if I manage to get it fixed with limited knowledge, I'll post the solution here.
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by kanuuna.

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #251 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic qUINT
qUINT is a package, hence mixing different file versions will have undefined behavior. Its supposed to be used with the newest version of ReShade at any time, but you can do this:

Github allows to view the entire repo at any point in time, so just roll back before the update to ReShade 4.0 (see commits), click on "browse the repository at this point in the history" (in the commits tab, it's the <> button) and use all files from this point together, don't mix with newer or older versions.

The files just before the 4.0 update should be fully compatible with the version of ReShade you mention.
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by Marty McFly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kanuuna, AssassinsDecree

• kanuuna
More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #252 by kanuuna Replied by kanuuna on topic qUINT
Thanks Marty.
I'm a bit new to navigating gitHub, but I was able to download all the accompanying shaders from the time frame you suggested I look into. Seems mismatching versions was problem here, just as you stated. I've got it working now.

For anyone else's convenience, all of the qUINT shaders (compatible with 3.1.2.85 and presumably any newer 3.X.X.XX version) can be found here:
github.com/martymcmodding/qUINT/tree/555...9757b5dcd127/Shaders
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by kanuuna.

• AssassinsDecree
More
5 years 3 months ago #253 by AssassinsDecree Replied by AssassinsDecree on topic qUINT

Marty McFly wrote: Hm what stops you from running 4.0.2 again and generating a new log file?

Hey, sorry for the late reply, I went out of town the next day and then was busy with the holidays and such. I'll reinstall the 4.0.2 framework again when I get a chance and post the log file.

Cheers.

• Laitauriz
More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #254 by Laitauriz Replied by Laitauriz on topic qUINT
Hi Marty. I have some questions about MXAO. I play at 4k resolution and have a vega 64 OC as far as i can.

The only way to play nicely with MXAO is to set it to medium and render scale at 1/2. It drops fps a bit more than HBAO+ ( in games that use it) for example but it's acceptable.

First, do you think with these tweaks that it's better or at least equal than HBAO+ or other SSAO methods ? Or should i just use ingame AO instead of MXAO in my case?

I find very little difference between render scale at 1.0 and render scale at 0.5 . But the performance improves greatly. Is this normal?

Thank you.
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by Laitauriz.

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago #255 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic qUINT
It's normal that you can't see significant differences in fullscreen vs halfres in regular gameplay, I put a lot of effort in this, regular AO looks crappy in half resolution. MXAO needs to do some static calculations like setting up the input buffers, so it's slower than HBAO+. In an environment where this is not necessary like Unity, MXAO is the fastest AO I know of but on ReShade, it's slower.

If you just use the AO with small radius, it's better to use the game AO due to perf. If you use a large AO radius and possibly the indirect lighting, then MXAO is better and you should use that. It all comes down to personal preference though, I disable game AO in all games where I use ReShade and use MXAO instead but it's perfectly OK to use the game AO if you like it more.

• Laitauriz
More
5 years 3 months ago #256 by Laitauriz Replied by Laitauriz on topic qUINT
Thanks for the answer. It leads to another question about radius.
I don't know how to set the radius. By default i use 2.5. does higher radius means better quality AO?
I tried to increase it, but i found little radius more natural and subtle. Large radius, it was like too much Darkness around items .

• Laitauriz
More
5 years 3 months ago #257 by Laitauriz Replied by Laitauriz on topic qUINT
I just tested MXAO with IL enabled . It looks really really good. Radius always at 2.5, normal bias 0.2, IL amount 2 ( too much bleeding for my taste at higher value ) and saturation 1. It really adds something to the game.

As i said, i don't really know if i should try higher radius value, but i think it's superior to hbao+ and others method with IL enabled.

• Laitauriz
More
5 years 3 months ago #258 by Laitauriz Replied by Laitauriz on topic qUINT
To finish, i just spent last hours tweaking MXAO in order to have the best results.

I found that radius of 10 is the sweespot for most games, allowing to have large scale AO with some details AO. It allows IL to blend more naturally with the environment than with small radius.
Normal bias set to 0.2, IL amount set to 1.5 to avoid too much bleeding, and IL saturation set to 0.5 for a more natural blend.

What do you think about these tweaks?

• Marty
More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #259 by Marty Replied by Marty on topic qUINT
I'd like to report that with the latest Lightroom version, there is a "bug" in DX9, that is NOT present in qUINT 1.0.002.

When activated it alters the image without any set values. Here are pictures.

Lightroom OFF

Lightroom ON

It's compressed but there is clear blue tint and saturation boost applied, even tho, it's set to 0, like I said. It's the latest 4.1.1 ReShade on which I also tested the older version.
I love this shader, it's actually essential for me, so I'd be glad if it could be fixed, even tho DX9 is not used much these days, I guess...
Thanks.
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by Marty. Reason: more details added

• F D B
More
5 years 2 months ago #260 by F D B Replied by F D B on topic qUINT
Dear Marty
I have a little issue that's been driving me nuts for the past 3 hours, regarding Lightroom.

So, I finally have a result I love in a game.
I took a screenshots with the LUT textures included.
Then I open the screenshot in Photoshop, crop the LUT part and save it as DDS, then import it into the game.
Not using Reshade but using the game's actual internal LUT. We have tools in this game's community that allow us to do this.
But when I go back to the game, there are some minor changes to what I see when I use the same lut through ReShade/Quint's Lightroom.

It's not quite exactly the same.
I've been messing around with color profiles when saving the cropped LUT texture in Photoshop but I cannot get the same exact result.
I've tried every possible Color Profile available.

Please tell me you can help me!!!
Thanks!

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.