qUINT

• Tazpoken
More
4 years 11 months ago #321 by Tazpoken Replied by Tazpoken on topic qUINT

YamiNoNeko wrote: Thanks for your hard work, I was trying it in a game I play a lot and it says the bloom fail to compile. What should I do or how can I fix this?

It happens to me when I use NVIDIA DSR. I don't know if that's your case, with DSR other than 1.00x bloom fails to compile..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tazpoken
More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #322 by Tazpoken Replied by Tazpoken on topic qUINT
Thanks Marty McFly for these amazing shaders. I can't stop looking at some of the screens and drop my jaw ;)

I am trying to use them with Elite: Dangerous. I am a first-timer at Reshading :) but thanks again for the great work.

Here's a video with one of my presets:
vimeo.com/335209297
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Tazpoken.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper_Joe

• Riadon
More
4 years 11 months ago #323 by Riadon Replied by Riadon on topic qUINT

Tazpoken wrote:

YamiNoNeko wrote: Thanks for your hard work, I was trying it in a game I play a lot and it says the bloom fail to compile. What should I do or how can I fix this?

It happens to me when I use NVIDIA DSR. I don't know if that's your case, with DSR other than 1.00x bloom fails to compile..

I had the same problem when using DSR. My base resolution is 1440p, up to 2.25x DSR (3840x2160) works fine, but past that bloom would fail to compile. I was attempting to use it at 4x DSR (5120x2880). It seems it doesn't work past 4k, at least in certain games.

• Sacco
More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #324 by Sacco Replied by Sacco on topic qUINT
I finally managed to get them all compiled.

However I see no effect when I turn on SSR either on Starcraft 2 or Dolphin's MarioKart. (both running at 4K)

Any ideas? I'm using a 1080ti
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Sacco.

• SviRu
More
4 years 11 months ago #325 by SviRu Replied by SviRu on topic qUINT
Does it work with Witcher 3? Has anybody tried? Any ScreeShots??? Thank you

• Avacyn
More
4 years 11 months ago #326 by Avacyn Replied by Avacyn on topic qUINT
Hi Marty, is there any way I can contact you directly? I tried to message you on reddit, but couldn't get hold of you - I'd love to talk about your GI reshade!

• Sin_7
More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #327 by Sin_7 Replied by Sin_7 on topic qUINT
What is qUINT_rt.fx? Do not found any information about it.
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Sin_7.

• Uncle Crassius
More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #328 by Uncle Crassius Replied by Uncle Crassius on topic qUINT

Sin_7 wrote: What is qUINT_rt.fx? Do not found any information about it.

It's Marty's Screenspace Ratraycing Shader that's currently only available to his Alpha Supporters on Patreon. You know, the very thing everybody's talking about here. ;)
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by crosire.

• jas01
More
4 years 10 months ago #329 by jas01 Replied by jas01 on topic qUINT
You should remove this link from your message. Some shaders are not open for the general public yet.

• Uncle Crassius
More
4 years 10 months ago #330 by Uncle Crassius Replied by Uncle Crassius on topic qUINT

jas01 wrote: You should remove this link from your message. Some shaders are not open for the general public yet.

Yep, shouldn't've quoted it. Sorry @admin but thanks for editing it away. Note to self: Should read at work more often.

• anontsuki
More
4 years 10 months ago #331 by anontsuki Replied by anontsuki on topic qUINT
Hellow, I have a general question about MXAO. I'd like to use the double level setting for MXAO, but am having a bit of a difficult time understanding just where I should be placing my values. How high can I go for the 'main AO radius' value before it makes no sense. Is 8 too high? 12? The larger values give a more general AO effect and doesn't do well with high detail areas, I understand that much.

Also, would like to confirm that currently, in MXAO Ground Truth mode, both Indirect Lighting and Double Levels don't work, right? (I found double levels to not be working).

Thanks for your time. =)

• Tojkar
More
4 years 10 months ago #332 by Tojkar Replied by Tojkar on topic qUINT

anontsuki wrote: Hellow, I have a general question about MXAO. I'd like to use the double level setting for MXAO, but am having a bit of a difficult time understanding just where I should be placing my values. How high can I go for the 'main AO radius' value before it makes no sense. Is 8 too high? 12? The larger values give a more general AO effect and doesn't do well with high detail areas, I understand that much.

Also, would like to confirm that currently, in MXAO Ground Truth mode, both Indirect Lighting and Double Levels don't work, right? (I found double levels to not be working).

What exactly is your problem? Is it that you need somebody else to tell you what looks good or are you sreally struggling to get enything meaningful out of the shader?

The firsts is something only you can help yourself with. The second resolves itself just by trying different settings. Use the debug mode at the bottom to better see how the settings affects the looks. When you got reasonable settings turn off the debug mode and tweak it a little more, if needed. In my opinion most games looks the best when radius is between 2 and 5. In some rare cases I will push it even to 10-16. Usually I keep the second layer at 0.1-0.2.

Those are just my usual settings. The thing is that nobody can tell you what would look the best in your opinion, so you just have to find those values yourself.

On the second thing you are correct; the IL and the double layer do not work in the HQ mode.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jas01

• anontsuki
More
4 years 10 months ago #333 by anontsuki Replied by anontsuki on topic qUINT
I understand what you're trying to say, but what I'm asking for is what are the extreme limits of the values for the main AO radius that's allowed before the entire function breaks in on itself.

For instance, is a value of 40 for the radius so extreme that it breaks the AO? In Debug, the larger the numbers you use, the wider the AO gets, so in Debug at least, 13-14 and over gives this sense that the AO is a full screen measure, like literally, full screen, the ground has a wide low grade AO, the character has the same. In these circumstances, is the AO just breaking because the radius is too wide?

I understand that the fine AO level thing is a multiplication ... thingy. That's what allows you to get both fine details and large details. 0.125 fine from a main AO of 12 gives us a cute little 1.5, which is not a bad place for fine.

Debug shows many things, and to be honest, it can be difficult to gauge not just "this looks good", but rather "this looks correct" when in and out of debug and playing with large values.

Just wanted to know what is the most realistically possible accepted largest value, that way I know if I use a value larger than this, I'm making things worse, not better.

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #334 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic qUINT
The result is tied to draw distance, field of view and a couple of other things, so a value of 7 is already exaggerated on my Unity test app, where it's still fine for say GTA V. The function itself won't break but eventually, you just sample locations outside screen and you don't get meaningful results anymore. I mean, look at the debug and you'll see. SSAO is meant for near field occlusion only so at some point you do get shading but the small details erode, even with double layer enabled. Just set to whatever looks right to you, don't assume larger radius == better, it's totally not.
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Marty McFly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jas01, anontsuki

• anontsuki
More
4 years 10 months ago #335 by anontsuki Replied by anontsuki on topic qUINT
I see. When you mean, for near occlusion only, I understand that to mean that for large faraway distances, AO isn't really useful, right?

What about in an Isometric game where technically.... ..... .... everything is kind of close and far range at the same time?

I don't assume large radius are better, though, it's possible it's just the game I'm testing this out on makes it a little more tricky than it may otherwise be. (Divinity: Original Sin 2 in my case).

If it were a 3D game with large distances out in the open, or wherever and I was a character looking horizontally, I think I understand entirely and probably wouldn't have trouble configuring in a nice way.

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #336 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic qUINT
I was referring to occluder - occludee distances, not to camera. To accurately measure how occluded the shadow in the corners below a coin on the table is, you don't need to calculate the building in the other town, so to speak. The smaller the details, the smaller the range of things that contribute measurably. Let's say the area above a car wheel is mostly occluded by the chassis and the wheel it self, no need to sample the road on the other side of the screen. Isometric is a special case I have no considered in my shader (yet, I don't own a game I could test it on), I use perspective projection to guess the object positions.
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Marty McFly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anontsuki

• anontsuki
More
4 years 10 months ago #337 by anontsuki Replied by anontsuki on topic qUINT
Ah okay, I think I understand better now, I think. This helped me.

Thanks for being awesome.

• Martigen
More
4 years 10 months ago #338 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic qUINT
There's actually an MXAO profile for Original Sin 2, I remember seeing it. It may have been for the older MXAO and not quint_MXAO, but you could translate the values close enough I imagine. You can always check sfx.thelazy.net.

Edit: ok checking my DOS2 dir. I think I actually got these values from this forum, someone else optimized them for DOS2 (and similar isometric games). Again this may have been for Marty's older MXAO but again you can probably translate some of these to qunt_MXAO I suspect.

[MXAO.fx]
MXAO_SAMPLE_NORMAL_BIAS=0.200000
bMXAOSmoothNormalsEnable=-1.000000
fMXAOAmbientOcclusionAmount=0.500000
fMXAONormalBias=0.200000
fMXAOFadeoutStart=0.200000
iMXAOBayerDitherLevel=3.000000
MXAO_SAMPLE_RADIUS=2.000000
fMXAOIndirectLightingAmount=4.000000
fMXAOIndirectLightingSaturation=1.000000
iMXAOSampleCount=24.000000
fMXAOSampleRadius=2.500000
fMXAOBlurSharpness=2.000000
MXAO_SSAO_AMOUNT=0.500000
fMXAOBlurSteps=2.000000
bMXAODebugViewEnable=0.000000
fMXAOFadeoutEnd=0.400000
fMXAOSizeScale=1.000000
MXAO_GLOBAL_SAMPLE_QUALITY_PRESET=2.000000
MXAO_SSIL_SATURATION=1.000000
MXAO_GLOBAL_RENDER_SCALE=1.000000
MXAO_DEBUG_VIEW_ENABLE=0.000000
MXAO_FADE_DEPTH_START=0.200000
MXAO_FADE_DEPTH_END=0.400000
MXAO_SSIL_AMOUNT=2.000000
MXAO_BLEND_TYPE=0.000000
MXAO_SAMPLE_RADIUS_SECONDARY=0.200000
MXAO_AMOUNT_FINE=1.000000
MXAO_AMOUNT_COARSE=1.000000

• anontsuki
More
4 years 10 months ago #339 by anontsuki Replied by anontsuki on topic qUINT
Oh wow, this is really nice. I spent more time today doing some optimizing and general checking of radius values and things, what I ended up with is eerily similar to the values shown here, at least the ones that transfer from MXAO to qUINT_MXAO.

However, this is really nice and I super appreciate you posting it. I absolutely understand why the values this person used, were used and totally fit the game.

Thanks again.

• Martigen
More
4 years 10 months ago #340 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic qUINT

anontsuki wrote: Oh wow, this is really nice. I spent more time today doing some optimizing and general checking of radius values and things, what I ended up with is eerily similar to the values shown here, at least the ones that transfer from MXAO to qUINT_MXAO.

However, this is really nice and I super appreciate you posting it. I absolutely understand why the values this person used, were used and totally fit the game.

Thanks again.

No worries :) I haven't actually finished DOS2 yet and I want to give XCOM2 another run and see MXAO would benefit, but haven't had much time to play with quint_MXAO yet. Would you mind sharing your settings for quint_MXAO when you're done? :)

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.