Magnifier/scope shader

• wlfr
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 8 months ago #1 by wlfr Magnifier/scope shader was created by wlfr
I started working on a modification of the simple zoom shader ( reshade.me/forum/shader-presentation/4150-simple-zoom-shader ) and came up with this. It allows you to magnify an area of your screen (assumed to be the centre) and display the result within a desired shape and position. Right now it can only be toggled, but I'm looking at ways to allow hold to zoom. This is my first shader so I would appreciate ideas on how to improve it.

Here's some screenshots of different ways it can be used:

You can download the shader here: raw.githubusercontent.com/mhgar/ReShade-.../master/Magnifier.fx
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick, luluco250, Mithrot, Masterfireheart, ronron12, Nicolayka

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mithrot
More
5 years 7 months ago #2 by Mithrot Replied by Mithrot on topic Magnifier/scope shader
Hello wlfr. It's been a month since you posted this, but I'm hoping you're still around. I've been looking for a shader for a particular use-case scenario and found your shader to be very close to solving a problem I've been having. Certain splitscreen PC games like Resident Evil 5 decide to create the render windows unevenly, thus shoving them in alot of wasted space. You can see a demonstration of what I'm trying to do below.

Reshade Magnifier Splitscreen Demonstration: imgur.com/a/DsqTLZ3

Your shader comes close to letting users manipulate what they want to extend, but unfortunately it's mostly just for "zooming" into an image. Would you consider adding in the feature to "stretch" a part of a screen so something like this can be accomplished without the image cropping? Thanks in advance. :)

• luluco250
More
5 years 6 months ago #3 by luluco250 Replied by luluco250 on topic Magnifier/scope shader
Warning: Spoiler!

Oh god, you'd prefer the image to be stretched? Surely not without the aspect ratio being thrown out the window, right?

It'd certainly be possible, though it'd be more efficient to do it for a few single games rather than trying to do a generic solution.

• Mithrot
More
5 years 5 months ago #4 by Mithrot Replied by Mithrot on topic Magnifier/scope shader
Sorry for the delay in replying- thought you died or something.

To answer your question: Nope. I prefer having a stretched aspect ratio than giant black borders. The reasoning behind my preference is that certain displays like my TV are pretty small, so the giant black bars make it harder for friends to see what is going on. I think something like this would be more useful in a game like Black Ops 3 where splitscreen already makes the aspect ratio messy by shoving two 4:3 windows in a 16:9 aspect ratio.

I believe having greater control over game display scaling via a Reshade shader is more useful than hoping your TV or monitor can do it.

• Sh1nRa358
More
4 years 7 months ago #5 by Sh1nRa358 Replied by Sh1nRa358 on topic Magnifier/scope shader
That is good but you can’t stretch each side individually. It’s all or nothing. So that means there will be offscreen overlap if I need to adjust all 4 sides. Like FF8 Remaster. 2 sides are ok. But this shader isn’t good if you need to adjust all 4 sides. Like the default magnifier, can you provide the ability to adjust all 4 sides? Why don't I just use that one? Because this one keeps the vision no matter the resolution of the game. Thanks in advance.

• Faustus86
More
4 years 7 months ago #6 by Faustus86 Replied by Faustus86 on topic Magnifier/scope shader
Zoom Shader.
Answer to the question why every third casual think's you can get banned for using ReShade.

• Sh1nRa358
More
4 years 7 months ago #7 by Sh1nRa358 Replied by Sh1nRa358 on topic Magnifier/scope shader
nvrmnd, guest.r modified this for me so that I can zoom/stretch horizontal and vertical independently.

• _Jotinha
More
3 years 1 month ago #8 by _Jotinha Replied by _Jotinha on topic Magnifier/scope shader
How can I put this file on reshade?

• matheusltp
More
2 years 1 week ago #9 by matheusltp Replied by matheusltp on topic Magnifier/scope shader
Hello. I'm trying to download the file but it doens't load any files when I click the link, is it broken?

• Nicolayka
More
2 years 16 hours ago #10 by Nicolayka Replied by Nicolayka on topic Magnifier/scope shader
Please make the window appear by clicking on the button

• Digika
More
1 year 10 months ago #11 by Digika Replied by Digika on topic Magnifier/scope shader
Anyone here capable of adding Lancsoz/Hanning or/and Bicubic filters?

• Girthtrude
More
10 months 4 weeks ago #12 by Girthtrude Replied by Girthtrude on topic Magnifier/scope shader
Is there a mouse function now? would love to have it when i hold down the Rmouse button

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.