Triangular Dither

• TreyM
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #1 by TreyM Triangular Dither was created by TreyM
This is a simple port of The Sandvich Maker's Triangular Dither that he wrote for ENB. It's normally used on HDR input, but it can still be useful on LDR content and I find it superior to any other dither shader I've ever used. (original link: Triangular Dither for ENB )

Ported and released with permission. There are no UI variables. Just turn it on or off.

The code:
Warning: Spoiler!

Crosire, I'm submitting a pull request if you'd like to add this one.
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by TreyM.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tom Yum 72, XIIICaesar, Sinclair, aaronth07, AssassinsDecree, Spellshade, altokitty

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• TreyM
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago #2 by TreyM Replied by TreyM on topic Triangular Dither
I accidentally uploaded the wrong code. It's fixed in the OP now.

• Chavolatra
More
5 years 4 months ago #3 by Chavolatra Replied by Chavolatra on topic Triangular Dither
and this is good for use in reshade ?

• TreyM
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #4 by TreyM Replied by TreyM on topic Triangular Dither
LOL what?

I'm not saying this to be mean or anything, but if you don't know what dithering is for, you probably don't need it. With that said, it can help with color banding in certain situations (less effective on LDR than HDR, but it can still help.)

• XIIICaesar
More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #5 by XIIICaesar Replied by XIIICaesar on topic Triangular Dither
Hey TreyM. Love your ENBs. Excited about CFL II too. I tried this out on ReShade & its just a solid black screen when I enable it. No other shaders enabled. Using it on Elder Scrolls Online. Screen resolution is 2560x1440 if that helps any.
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by XIIICaesar.

• TreyM
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #6 by TreyM Replied by TreyM on topic Triangular Dither
Is ES:O DX9 or DX11?

Edit: Interesting... It works on OGL and DX9, but not DX11...

Edit 2: Fixed in OP

• XIIICaesar
More
5 years 4 months ago #7 by XIIICaesar Replied by XIIICaesar on topic Triangular Dither
Thats it. No black screen anymore. Although I still have banding coming through using Triangular Dither that I didn't with deband. Maybe I've just got a lot of banding :silly: Anyways thanks dude. I've got it at the bottom of my load order so it loads almost last.

• TreyM
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago #8 by TreyM Replied by TreyM on topic Triangular Dither
Dither doesn't fix banding. It's meant to prevent it. Debanding is to remove banding lol.

You should be using dither BEFORE effects that cause banding, not after.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jas01, XE007

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.