Experimental UE4-Like Lens Flare

• luluco250
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #1 by luluco250 Experimental UE4-Like Lens Flare was created by luluco250
I was curious about replicating the UE4 lens flare effect, I don't think it's good enough yet, but I'd like to hear some opinions.

Get it here: HexLensFlare.fx

Here it is in motion

This has been explored here before , but I don't know if anything came out of it.

One way I'm thinking of improving it is using a single flare blurred texture and then scale it to create the other flares, this way I could have separated flare blur sizes, rather than all of them being blurred equally. Also maybe throw in some lens distortion somewhere.
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by luluco250.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick, jas01, Elimina, acknowledge, XIIICaesar, Ryukou36, Viper_Joe, AssassinsDecree, Duran.te

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• XIIICaesar
More
5 years 2 months ago #2 by XIIICaesar Replied by XIIICaesar on topic Experimental UE4-Like Lens Flare
Looks great in motions so far dude.

• UTwelve
More
5 years 2 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #3 by UTwelve Replied by UTwelve on topic Experimental UE4-Like Lens Flare
cool
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by UTwelve.

• Wicked Sick
More
5 years 2 months ago #4 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic Experimental UE4-Like Lens Flare
Luluco, I am becoming your fan, man. I am using this too in Monster Hunter and I am liking it a lot ahaha It was a long time since I have ever tested any kind of lens flare, I think it was ever since Skyrim and its ENBs...

You are doing a great work, man. Thanks a lot for this.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.