High Pass Sharpening / Contrast Enhancement

• Echo
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #141 by Echo Replied by Echo on topic High Pass Sharpening / Contrast Enhancement
Hey Loxa,
I am a Reshade 1.2 user and I always use your HighPassSharpening & Clarity shaders/effects. I finally could try Reshade 3 beta today after some SweetFX shaders got added (Thank you crosire!). But I feel like both shaders (HighPassSharpening & Clarity) got a bit limited and I use most of the the advanced settings (specially MaskContrast & Dark-/LightClamps) that are in Reshade 1.2 version that give me more control and a sharper more detailed effect (I marked the missing settings for easy read :p):
Warning: Spoiler!

Is it possible that you could add those advanced settings into Reshade 3 please? Thank you in advance for taking the time reading this.
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Echo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ioxa
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #142 by Ioxa Replied by Ioxa on topic High Pass Sharpening / Contrast Enhancement

Echo wrote: Hey Loxa,
I am a Reshade 1.2 user and I always use your HighPassSharpening & Clarity shaders/effects. I finally could try Reshade 3 beta today after some SweetFX shaders got added (Thank you crosire!). But I feel like both shaders (HighPassSharpening & Clarity) got a bit limited and I use most of the the advanced settings (specially MaskContrast & Dark-/LightClamps) that are in Reshade 1.2 version that give me more control and a sharper more detailed effect (I marked the missing settings for easy read :p):

Warning: Spoiler!

Is it possible that you could add those advanced settings into Reshade 3 please? Thank you in advance for taking the time reading this.

I removed the MaskContrast setting because I was getting similar results using the Dark/LightIntensity settings, I'll take another look at it though.

And I don't remember why I removed the clamp settings. I'll put them back in and see if I can figure it out. I may have just forgot to put them in the new version.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Echo

• Echo
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #143 by Echo Replied by Echo on topic High Pass Sharpening / Contrast Enhancement

I removed the MaskContrast setting because I was getting similar results using the Dark/LightIntensity settings, I'll take another look at it though.

And I don't remember why I removed the clamp settings. I'll put them back in and see if I can figure it out. I may have just forgot to put them in the new version.

Awesome, thank you. I really hope you can add MaskContrast settings to both. You can try out my settings from my previous post (in the Spoiler text) to test it out and see the difference. Thanks!
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Echo.

• Echo
More
7 years 5 months ago #144 by Echo Replied by Echo on topic High Pass Sharpening / Contrast Enhancement
Hey loxa,
when will you be able to add the updated shaders (Clarity & Highpass) with MaskContrast/Instenity/Clamp settings?
Thanks in advance for the reply.

• F D B
More
7 years 3 months ago #145 by F D B Replied by F D B on topic High Pass Sharpening / Contrast Enhancement
Hey Ioxa,
First of all, thank you for creating this amazing shader.
However, I haven't been able to try it just yet, because despite following the instructions to install it and use it, I get all sort of red-color errors upon startup, all related to this shader.

I've read all the pages in this very topic but it seems no one else have this going on.
I'm using the Framework version. I've added the links to the Pipeline.

I don't know what else to do.

Hope you can help me out.
Thank you.

• Ioxa
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 3 months ago #146 by Ioxa Replied by Ioxa on topic High Pass Sharpening / Contrast Enhancement

F D B wrote: Hey Ioxa,
However, I haven't been able to try it just yet, because despite following the instructions to install it and use it, I get all sort of red-color errors upon startup, all related to this shader.

I've read all the pages in this very topic but it seems no one else have this going on.

Thank you.

What do the error messages say?

• F D B
More
7 years 3 months ago #147 by F D B Replied by F D B on topic High Pass Sharpening / Contrast Enhancement

Ioxa wrote:

Thank you.

Well, I can't really say right now because I've already un-done the changes, in order to get everything working again. But right after launching the game, when ReShade starts loading everything, there were several lines in red color pointing to everything related to the IOFX shaders, the 6 files inside IOFX folder or the CFG.

If this isn't enough, I will try to install it again and then post the log.

• Ioxa
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 3 months ago #148 by Ioxa Replied by Ioxa on topic High Pass Sharpening / Contrast Enhancement

F D B wrote:

Ioxa wrote:

Thank you.

Well, I can't really say right now because I've already un-done the changes, in order to get everything working again. But right after launching the game, when ReShade starts loading everything, there were several lines in red color pointing to everything related to the IOFX shaders, the 6 files inside IOFX folder or the CFG.

If this isn't enough, I will try to install it again and then post the log.

The error messages will most likely tell me exactly what the problem is. All I can do without them is make guesses.

• StyleMaster
More
6 years 1 month ago #149 by StyleMaster Replied by StyleMaster on topic High Pass Sharpening / Contrast Enhancement

Ioxa wrote: Updated the shader files for compatibility with ReShade 2.0 and the new ReShade Assistant.
Download Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 2.0

I made some small changes to some of the shaders but nothing major. The Clarity shader probably got the biggest change, I once again changed the options for adjusting the width of the effect. I think the way it is set up now gives the most customization for quality and performance. But I'm open to any ideas that may improve it.

I also uploaded a version of the shaders with an updated Gaussian shader. I'm not entirely sure I will keep it the way it is so consider this a test.
Download Shaders by Ioxa for ReShade 2.0 With Gauss

I changed the way the weights and offsets for the blur passes are calculated, this allows for a lot more flexibility when adjusting the blur width.

I added an option called SurfaceBlur which will help reduce halos that may appear around objects. This process used for doing this does not work very well in a separable filter so it causes some artifacts. As long as the blur strength isn't set too high they shouldn't be very noticeable.

I changed the "warm" option is GaussBloomWarmth. I'll never get it to look the way it did in SweetFX so I tried something a little different, I gave it a bit of a yellowish tint with a reddish tint around the edge. I don't know if I'll keep it this way or not, just something I wanted to try out.

I forgot to add a readme to the files but the install should be pretty straight forward. Merge the ReShade folder with your existing ReShade folder and overwrite the files when prompted. This will overwrite Pipeline.cfg, Shaders_by_Ioxa.cfg, Ioxa.undef, and Gaussian.fx if you've downloaded the files with Gauss.

If you have any questions, problems, or suggestions let me know!

Hello , kindof new to this im trying out ReShade_2.0.3_with_SweetFX_2.0 file with Supermodel as example
The gaussian effects isnt present in that version you already know
i tried d/l alot of these gauss.fx & gauss.h but i cant get it to work

i saw your file how could i make it work with ReShade_2.0.3_with_SweetFX_2.0
WHen i install it it doesnt have an Reshade folder , it has an Reshade.fx & Sweetfx.fx & a SweetFx Folder which has the Shaders inside

Could you help me out

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.