Prod80's shader library

• Dazaster
More
3 years 11 months ago #161 by Dazaster Replied by Dazaster on topic Prod80's shader library
Just came back to say thanks again. I finally have a Reshade that makes Fallout 4 look how I want it to.

All with only 5 shaders:
Techniques=prod80_04_ContrastBrightnessSaturation,prod80_02_Bloom,pd80_02_MultiLUT_v2,prod80_03_Color_Space_Curves,prod80_02_Cinetools_LUT
The following user(s) said Thank You: prod80

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• prod80
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #162 by prod80 Replied by prod80 on topic Prod80's shader library

Faustus86 wrote: About the color shaders. Today i went into photoshop to do some image work. After 10 minutes i was thinking about putting the images into a shader, loading it ingame and do it with reshade.. not sure if that's even possible but i was actively thinking about it.

Yes you can do that... the LUT creator shader allows you to load images into reshade... as long as they fit your screen at 100%.

As for your other questions related to the speed... There's no way to use time in milliseconds without running into bugs (flickering, mainly). This method works and is smooth. At 60 fps the speed is around 4-5 sec on the slowest (total left) setting, and 0.5 sec on the fastest setting. Faster framerates the transition will actually be slower, and lower FPS will be faster.

But let me know if the slowest setting is still too fast because it can be slower (a lot slower if you wish). The only issue is, if the time gets too slow, the shader will not be able to COMPLETELY change from one to the other because the texture it reads from will transition too slowly. To understand what I mean, open the fx file in an editor and change
float factor     = transition_speed * 4.0f + 1.0f;
to
float factor     = transition_speed * 4.0f + 0.1f;
and set the slider all the way to the left. It will take like 20 seconds to transition but you'll find it will not transition 100% (ie- when it stops changing, move slider totally to the right to full speed, and you'll still see image change).
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by prod80.

• prod80
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #163 by prod80 Replied by prod80 on topic Prod80's shader library

Dazaster wrote: Just came back to say thanks again. I finally have a Reshade that makes Fallout 4 look how I want it to.
All with only 5 shaders:
Techniques=prod80_04_ContrastBrightnessSaturation,prod80_02_Bloom,pd80_02_MultiLUT_v2,prod80_03_Color_Space_Curves,prod80_02_Cinetools_LUT

If you'd know how many color edits are in those 2 LUT shaders ;) particularly those in Cinetools, some which took 3 days to make using combination of 3D LUT Creator (pro), Photoshop CC, Adobe Lightroom, ReShade

Though, very happy to enjoy them !

• prod80
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #164 by prod80 Replied by prod80 on topic Prod80's shader library
Time for some update.

New shaders:
PD80_02_Cinetools_LUT.fx :: collection of 17 additional quality LUTs.

PD80_01_Color_Gamut.fx :: conversion of sRGB to Adobe RGB, Apple RGB, Best RGB, Beta RGB, Bruce RGB, CIE RGB, Color Match, Don, ECI, Ekta Space PS5, NTSC, PAL-SECAM, ProPhoto, SMPTE-C, Wide Gamut RGB. Not really useful shader, rather for reference/future use.

PD80_04_Selective_Color_v2.fx :: uploaded a while ago, Selective Color, but then with more options and covering more individual hues. Complex shader for people who wish to fine tune very specific colors.

PD80_04_Saturation_Limit.fx :: very simple shader to flatten saturation (set a limit). F.e. no color can have a higher saturation than X, colors under X are unaffected.

PD80_03_Color_Space_Curves.fx :: ability to apply contrast curve in luminance channel of L*A*B*, HSL, HSV, and RGBW color spaces. This would avoid shifts in saturation when adjusting contrast. Also comes with a saturation slider to apply saturation using any of those color spaces.

The following user(s) said Thank You: doubleDizz, MakeNX, Viper_Joe, Marty, aaronth07, Arkane, Faustus86

• Marty
More
3 years 11 months ago #165 by Marty Replied by Marty on topic Prod80's shader library
Man I love you. :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: prod80

• Faustus86
More
3 years 11 months ago #166 by Faustus86 Replied by Faustus86 on topic Prod80's shader library
Hello =)

Feedback on speed: Yep. It's too fast. Could use a little help =)

I am trying to achieve an eye adaption effect by darkening shadows and then brighten them up again with a delay of 6-8 seconds. But I just don't get the setting's right. I made the edit you have suggested and noticed the drop in strength. But adding more zeros didn't much help to achieve a bigger delay for the effect to kick in. The fading itself takes longer, but the time it takes to kick in doesn't seem to change. Do you have a suggestion? ^^

• prod80
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 11 months ago #167 by prod80 Replied by prod80 on topic Prod80's shader library

Faustus86 wrote: Hello =)

I am trying to achieve an eye adaption effect by darkening shadows and then brighten them up again with a delay of 6-8 seconds. But I just don't get the setting's right. I made the edit you have suggested and noticed the drop in strength. But adding more zeros didn't much help to achieve a bigger delay for the effect to kick in. The fading itself takes longer, but the time it takes to kick in doesn't seem to change. Do you have a suggestion? ^^

Fading works both ways the same. Try changing to
float factor     = transition_speed * 4.0f + 0.5f;

• Faustus86
More
3 years 11 months ago #168 by Faustus86 Replied by Faustus86 on topic Prod80's shader library

prod80 wrote:

Faustus86 wrote: Hello =)

Fading works both ways the same. Try changing to
float factor     = transition_speed * 4.0f + 0.5f;

Maybe I do something wrong, but changing this number doesn't seem to show much of an effect.
In the video below I'm moving image.fx from day-darkening to eye adaption.
Both have the exact same setting except darkening is put to 1000 and eye adaption to 0 + the edit you have posted.
On the first one (darkening) the fading look's smoother and is more pronounced. But there is no delay in time on eye adaption. It pops right in

• prod80
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 11 months ago #169 by prod80 Replied by prod80 on topic Prod80's shader library
Is there only 1 file active, or you have more? Ie. you copied the Luma Fade into 2? There will be conflicts if you copy-paste the file

• Faustus86
More
3 years 11 months ago #170 by Faustus86 Replied by Faustus86 on topic Prod80's shader library

prod80 wrote: Is there only 1 file active, or you have more? Ie. you copied the Luma Fade into 2? There will be conflicts if you copy-paste the file

5 copies. So far, no conflicts, no performance issues whatsoever. I am still testing how far I can go with it and I am thinking of new kinds of effects that can be done with it. My idea is to build a high fidelity dynamic lighting setup on top of the vanilla lighting, that is completely built from color correction and bloom effects. I am achieving very good results. This is actually the first time I ran into "trouble". It's more of a mild inconvenience really. I'll think of something.

• prod80
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #171 by prod80 Replied by prod80 on topic Prod80's shader library
There will be conflicts...

Open each file and on top you'll find
namespace pd80_lumafade

Change each to add a number behind them... pd80_lumafade0, pd80_lumafade1, pd80_lumafade2, etc. Additionally make sure the technique names follow such structure...
technique prod80_06_LumaFade_Start
technique prod80_06_LumaFade_End

0, 1, 2, ...etc

You'll also have to make sure the thresholds make sense, because effects will fade in and out based on scene luminance, which can lead to oddities when fine tuning things.

Not sure you'll be able to get consistent results using 5 different instances... it will require a lot of testing and fine tuning, and if you change 1 value you'll likely end up having to re-calibrate all of them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Faustus86

• Faustus86
More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #172 by Faustus86 Replied by Faustus86 on topic Prod80's shader library
Thank's. I figured that one out and my workflow is streamlined too =)
I figured out that I can throw eyeadaption.fx into my darkening setup wich fades in slow enough. So I have the result I wanted and I can continue down the luma-ladder. Thank's anyway =)

Faustus86 wrote: With the fading shader it is actually possible to have different set's of shaders for day - light areas and day - shadow areas that will fade away during nighttime and use different setting's there as well!

This shader is immensely powerful but also quite complex to setup. Especially if you want to drag&drop a shader up the loading order and reshade just mixes everything up. No idea how this could be solved other then keep your loading order in mind and move everything back to where it was. But it help's to rename the shaders to what function they have. This is what my setup look's like. C stand's for controller. If i let them on prod80 together with the color correction's in between i get completely lost ^^ (This is for an open world game with day and night cycle)

C_Daytime_On
C_Day_Light_Sun_Start
C_Day_Light_Sun_End
C_Day_Light_Start
C_Day_Light_End
C_Day_Shadow_Start
C_Day_Shadow_End
C_Daytime_Off
C_Night_Start
C_Night_End

Insane, i know. But i love it!
Fading of lens flare, bloom, exposure, shadow, sharpening, clarity, LUT's ... everything. And the performance is completely fine!
The only thing i didn't put into fading is AA followed by CAS. Below that it's all faded.

Tip: To setup where effect's should start to blend in and out, download Image.FX by Fubax. It help's a lot.
github.com/Fubaxiusz/fubax-shaders/tree/master/Shaders

About the color shaders. Today i went into photoshop to do some image work. After 10 minutes i was thinking about putting the images into a shader, loading it ingame and do it with reshade.. not sure if that's even possible but i was actively thinking about it.

Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Faustus86.

• Marty
More
3 years 11 months ago #173 by Marty Replied by Marty on topic Prod80's shader library
@Prod80 Noticing how almost every your shader has dithering option, have you thought about making it seperate shader ? The dithering, that is.

• prod80
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 11 months ago #174 by prod80 Replied by prod80 on topic Prod80's shader library

Marty wrote: @Prod80 Noticing how almost every your shader has dithering option, have you thought about making it seperate shader ? The dithering, that is.

You can't do that, because you have to dither before writing back to the backbuffer (where it's quantized)... otherwise you'll just be adding noise.

• Marty
More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #175 by Marty Replied by Marty on topic Prod80's shader library

prod80 wrote: You can't do that, because you have to dither before writing back to the backbuffer (where it's quantized)... otherwise you'll just be adding noise.

Ok, I thought it would be something like that, makes sense.
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Marty.

• prod80
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #176 by prod80 Replied by prod80 on topic Prod80's shader library
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by prod80.

• Chavolatra
More
3 years 8 months ago #177 by Chavolatra Replied by Chavolatra on topic Prod80's shader library
it is awesome shaders, you can port for enb too ?

• Assburger
More
3 years 8 months ago #178 by Assburger Replied by Assburger on topic Prod80's shader library
Greetings friend, i was goofing around with your film grain in RDR2 and i got a weird thing happening to me, you can see it in the image below, i admit i am not a reshade expert, and i also suffer a bit from a lazy ass condition, so you'll have to forgive me if the solotion is right under my under my nose, i tired in a few other games and got no issues, the game was running on Vulkan, thank you for your fine work :)

• prod80
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 8 months ago #179 by prod80 Replied by prod80 on topic Prod80's shader library
This is something that happens in Vulkan, I can't solve that. Crosire is aware... you'd have the same happening in Doom Eternal.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Assburger

• Assburger
More
3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #180 by Assburger Replied by Assburger on topic Prod80's shader library
I have another question about the film grain, Is there a way to mantain the grain intensity without changing the black levels? Cause on my oled tv i noticed that the shader applies grain on the image even if there are no active pixels (like on loading screen, which are suppose to be pitch black), meaning that i don't get the absolute black because the pixels don't turn off anymore.
I noticed because i usually use FilmGrain2 (yeah i just like film grain lol) and this doesn't happen. Is there a way i can get the shader to apply grain only on active pixels or something? Or is it just a matter of finding the sweet spot for the lowlights intensity?
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Assburger.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.