Prod80's shader library

• Tojkar
More
3 years 11 months ago #141 by Tojkar Replied by Tojkar on topic Prod80's shader library

gottenspell wrote: Need more good crt shaders and other interesting filters. And now we are seeing for the hundredth time a repetition of what has already happened.

There are probably more crt shaders than there are any of the individual shader types included in this pack.
For example I got 12 different crt-shaders but only 8 high quality bloom shaders that I've scoured from here, and the bloom shaders are probably the most abundant of the ones included in Prod's shader pack. There is at least one low quality bloom shader but that's about it. There are only two multi-lut shaders, one of which has maybe two versions containing different amount of lut textures. There are quite a lot colour shading shaders even in this pack, even more elsewhere on the forums, but they all do things so differently and have different goals that it would be counterintuitive to put them under one label.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• prod80
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #142 by prod80 Replied by prod80 on topic Prod80's shader library

Refrain89 wrote: Hi prod80. I'd like to know whether LUTs can be read in the form of a square (or rectangle?), just like how the LUT square is laid on the screen while using your LUT creator. It would be great if we can define the size of the mini squares composing each rows of the largest sqaure that is the whole texture itself. I have such a request because the software I use to color-grade LUTs has a limit on the length of the texture. I'd be most grateful if it could be implemented. :)

You can replace the texture itself, the shader has option to define the size and name of the texture... but you need to load a clean LUT file in the reshade texture folder, then give name and dimensions in the LUT creator shader. I also create some LUTs with Reshade and use a HALD64 file so my LUT program can read it.

gottenspell wrote: Need more good crt shaders and other interesting filters. And now we are seeing for the hundredth time a repetition of what has already happened.

I have no interest in CRT type effects. But look, there's this to satisfy your CRT needs: www.emuline.org/topic/1420-shader-crt-mu...k-ass-looking-games/

Thanks for stopping by.
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by prod80.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gottenspell

• klotim
More
3 years 11 months ago #143 by klotim Replied by klotim on topic Prod80's shader library

prod80 wrote:

klotim wrote: That would be appreciated!

Added it.

Bloom now has an option to enable "Focus bloom" (in lack of a more spectacular term) and configure the width and bias of it. Has to be enabled in the preprocessor definitions. Takes a bit of performance, though. Default = OFF.

Super wide bloom

Enabled focus bloom

Can also change the bias between both blooms (wide and narrow)

And works nicely with CA too

Enjoy

Had a look, thank you so much, it looks much better now with better effect!

• klotim
More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #144 by klotim Replied by klotim on topic Prod80's shader library
Maybe a stupid question but is it doable to include depth solely to make sure your own character doesn't cause bloom?
Just trying to see what we can do to make your bloom even better. Its already great quality wise, but having options might be nice, if possible that is.
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by klotim.

• prod80
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 11 months ago #145 by prod80 Replied by prod80 on topic Prod80's shader library

klotim wrote: Maybe a stupid question but is it doable to include depth solely to make sure your own character doesn't cause bloom?
Just trying to see what we can do to make your bloom even better. Its already great quality wise, but having options might be nice, if possible that is.

Used to have that, but removed it... sometimes it's nice, sometimes it's awful. And I actually knew this would be coming adding this narrow bloom on top because it's horrendous to have this type of bloom on character :) Having it change with depth isn't going to fix it though... because there are also NPCs and distance isn't always the same. You'd think the further away, the wider the bloom, but the opposite is true... the closer - the wider... for it to look ok on characters close by (so they don't "glow").

The thing is, it's not as simple as to just make it variable with depth because bloom gathers from the surrounding pixels which may be further away or much closer by. So it gets very buggy with using depth. You'll have to check the depth of the pixel you're gathering from and then do something with that information. It gets very performance heavy and will be weird as heck when depth buffer is not setup correctly.

It's not something people will expect for a bloom shader... so won't be adding that currently.

My old enbbloom.fx had depth testing, but that was designed for 1 game (Skyrim) and would work 100% due to that. Reshade on the other hand is generic and I have to take into account the various issues using depth can cause.

• Refrain89
More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #146 by Refrain89 Replied by Refrain89 on topic Prod80's shader library
I'm sorry that what I asked was quite ambiguous. What I meant was reading a single strip of LUT as a sqaure. Taking the 64^3 one example, can it be read as a 512x512 texture? 4096 is way too big to be edited in Davinci Resove, considering that a broke ass like me is using the free version. Also, LUTs online that are converted from .cube to .png are in the same square form (they use Photoshop to do that I suppose?), and it is a pain to piece together a strip if I am to experiment with them. I hope I don't sound demanding... but it would be a godsend to be able to load a square.
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Refrain89.

• gottenspell
More
3 years 11 months ago #147 by gottenspell Replied by gottenspell on topic Prod80's shader library
Many thanks did not know about this modification.
The following user(s) said Thank You: prod80

• Faustus86
More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #148 by Faustus86 Replied by Faustus86 on topic Prod80's shader library
EDIT
This was an quick reply on the info you have given regarding eye adaption. The 8 bit issue etc. I thought it would quote your post but didn't.

I am searching for a few day's now on a proper solution because for whatever reason i can not get eye adaption to work. I fell recently in love with the adaptive color grading shader by moriz1 that allow's to use different LUT's depending on luma on screen. Meaning: It switches dynamically between 2 LUT's so i can make 2 different color setup's for day and night.

Edit
In 4.5 eye adaption seems to work for me.

However, thank's for the info and for your work. Great job!
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Faustus86.

• prod80
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 11 months ago #149 by prod80 Replied by prod80 on topic Prod80's shader library

Refrain89 wrote: I'm sorry that what I asked was quite ambiguous. What I meant was reading a single strip of LUT as a sqaure. Taking the 64^3 one example, can it be read as a 512x512 texture? 4096 is way too big to be edited in Davinci Resove, considering that a broke ass like me is using the free version. Also, LUTs online that are converted from .cube to .png are in the same square form (they use Photoshop to do that I suppose?), and it is a pain to piece together a strip if I am to experiment with them. I hope I don't sound demanding... but it would be a godsend to be able to load a square.

You mean changing the LUT shader (that reads the LUT to transform the colors) to read a 512x512 texture instead of the tiles laid out as a line? Isn't it much easier to just change the square to a line using a photoshop action? It's going to be a huge pain to make a multiLUT shader reading squares
The following user(s) said Thank You: Refrain89

• Refrain89
More
3 years 11 months ago #150 by Refrain89 Replied by Refrain89 on topic Prod80's shader library
Didn't realise that would make things difficult. Thank you for the response. Guess I'll stick to LUTs that are readily usable.

• Faustus86
More
3 years 11 months ago #151 by Faustus86 Replied by Faustus86 on topic Prod80's shader library
Hey =)

I was thinking about what you have said about eye adaption and it's limitation's. That it can not apply curves onto a scene and only raise or lower the whites.
I am sure you are familiar with UI masking as well. Now if it is possible to use an input to turn other shaders on and of based on an input: Do you think the same is possible to fade them?

I imagine some sort of adaption controller with before and after filter that would work like the eye adaption shader, but instead of having effect's on it's own it uses Luma to fade the in-between shaders on and off. Probably a pain in the ass, but would this be possible with reshade? ^^

• prod80
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 11 months ago #152 by prod80 Replied by prod80 on topic Prod80's shader library

Refrain89 wrote: Didn't realise that would make things difficult. Thank you for the response. Guess I'll stick to LUTs that are readily usable.

I just use a photoshop action to automate making a square into a line.. explore that option, only have to manually make it once.

• prod80
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 11 months ago #153 by prod80 Replied by prod80 on topic Prod80's shader library

Faustus86 wrote: Hey =)

I was thinking about what you have said about eye adaption and it's limitation's. That it can not apply curves onto a scene and only raise or lower the whites.
I am sure you are familiar with UI masking as well. Now if it is possible to use an input to turn other shaders on and of based on an input: Do you think the same is possible to fade them?

I imagine some sort of adaption controller with before and after filter that would work like the eye adaption shader, but instead of having effect's on it's own it uses Luma to fade the in-between shaders on and off. Probably a pain in the ass, but would this be possible with reshade? ^^

Not sure on the use of that. You mean making a universal shader to add fade in/out based on luma to any other number of shaders? It wouldn't fade between shader, but rather turn effects on/off smoothly based on scene luminance.

• Faustus86
More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #154 by Faustus86 Replied by Faustus86 on topic Prod80's shader library

prod80 wrote:

Faustus86 wrote: Hey =)

Not sure on the use of that. You mean making a universal shader to add fade in/out based on luma to any other number of shaders? It wouldn't fade between shader, but rather turn effects on/off smoothly based on scene luminance.

You mean this would be possible? Technically??
It's probably way too much to ask for, but i have to. Could you make such a shader?

I think there are a good number of shaders that could be combined in such a way to achieve certain effect's. Bloom, curves, clarity, tonemapping or LUT's for example to raise detail amount on higher luma or turn down highlights when in darker area's. Similar to the auto-exposure of unreal engine, but with more tweaking option's to make it more decent and not so overdone. Or effect shaders like Godray's. With some godray shaders i get godray's not only from the sun but also from thing's like fireplaces or other bright area's on screen. If there was a "take luma from screen" option and a luma threshhold in between the godray's should only kick in when looking in the sky. Or maybe that's just my imagination running wild. ^^

Have the same shader libary as before, but being able to apply these shaders in a completely different and dynamic way into a scene. I think at the very least this would give a lot of room for experiment's.

• prod80
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #155 by prod80 Replied by prod80 on topic Prod80's shader library
Sure.

Uploaded shader to do this... PD80_06_Luma_Fade.fx

Has techniques called prod80_06_LumaFade_Start and prod80_06_LumaFade_End

Place the effects between those that you only want enabled in a bright scene. Then use UI settings to control fade speed and thresholds. If you want it to work the other way around (ie, only apply in dark) then just reverse the thresholds (Pure Light Scene, Pure Dark Scene)... and the opposite will be true and effects only apply when it's dark.
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by prod80.
The following user(s) said Thank You: doubleDizz, Tojkar, aaronth07, Faustus86

• Faustus86
More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #156 by Faustus86 Replied by Faustus86 on topic Prod80's shader library

prod80 wrote: Sure.

Uploaded shader to do this... PD80_06_Luma_Fade.fx

Has techniques called prod80_06_LumaFade_Start and prod80_06_LumaFade_End

Place the effects between those that you only want enabled in a bright scene. Then use UI settings to control fade speed and thresholds. If you want it to work the other way around (ie, only apply in dark) then just reverse the thresholds (Pure Light Scene, Pure Dark Scene)... and the opposite will be true and effects only apply when it's dark.

Duuude. Duuuuuude!!

I thought you are trolling me! So fast?! And it work's!! Dude you are LEGEND! LEGEND!!

I made a quick test using a few shaders and Quint_Bloom.fx because it's heavely pronounced. It work's perfectly! Thank you!!

This gives me many many many hours of playtime :D
I will make a more refined setupt (was working on color correction lut's for day & night cycle).
Will post a video of it ones finished. Thank's a lot mate =)

EDIT

Soooo. I made a copy of this shader and renamed both copy's in Prod80_06_Luma_Fade_Shadow.fx and Prod80_06_Luma_Fade_Light.fx
So i made 2 seperate setups to handle light and darkness effects.
Here is the result:

I am very sorry for the FPS drops but my potatoe doesn't manage this game + video software.
The dark areas need a lot of color tuning, but i think it show's what's possible with this.

Edit

Luma controlled sharpening. Wow!

• robgrab
More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #157 by robgrab Replied by robgrab on topic Prod80's shader library
Your shaders have become an essential part of each new installation of Reshade. I've only recently discovered the magic of RT_Correct_Color and RT_Correct_Contrast. I apply all of my regular shaders and then let yours do all the color and contrast correction for the last pass. It works great for games like the Resident Evil series where they tend to use different tonemapping throughout the game making it hard to make a master preset that works for an entire game. Here's a quick comparison of Resident Evil: Revelations before and after (before is left/after is right). This one didn't have crazy tonemapping like later levels but it looked washed out and flat.

Resident Evil: Revelations

Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by robgrab.

• klotim
More
3 years 11 months ago #158 by klotim Replied by klotim on topic Prod80's shader library
Indeed prods shaders is a must when it comes to colors!
Prod the Color master,
marty mcfly the ao master
otis the depth of field master

• Tojkar
More
3 years 11 months ago #159 by Tojkar Replied by Tojkar on topic Prod80's shader library
I have a small (or at least I assume it's small) request for a quality of life improvement that would also also give the shader settings more leeway for what ever one's preferences would be...

Currently the time fade settings on your shaders are using an arbitary speed value. It's a bit confusing as there's not really a good way to translate that to an understandable time. So.. would it be too hard to change that setting so that the value represents time instead of speed? Milliseconds for example would provide much more understandable consequences of that setting but it would also expand the usable range immensely when 0 would be instant 1000 a one second and so on.

Thank you!

• Faustus86
More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #160 by Faustus86 Replied by Faustus86 on topic Prod80's shader library
With the fading shader it is actually possible to have different set's of shaders for day - light areas and day - shadow areas that will fade away during nighttime and use different setting's there as well!

This shader is immensely powerful but also quite complex to setup. Especially if you want to drag&drop a shader up the loading order and reshade just mixes everything up. No idea how this could be solved other then keep your loading order in mind and move everything back to where it was. But it help's to rename the shaders to what function they have. This is what my setup look's like. C stand's for controller. If i let them on prod80 together with the color correction's in between i get completely lost ^^ (This is for an open world game with day and night cycle)

C_Daytime_On
C_Day_Light_Sun_Start
C_Day_Light_Sun_End
C_Day_Light_Start
C_Day_Light_End
C_Day_Shadow_Start
C_Day_Shadow_End
C_Daytime_Off
C_Night_Start
C_Night_End

Insane, i know. But i love it!
Fading of lens flare, bloom, exposure, shadow, sharpening, clarity, LUT's ... everything. And the performance is completely fine!
The only thing i didn't put into fading is AA followed by CAS. Below that it's all faded.

Tip: To setup where effect's should start to blend in and out, download Image.FX by Fubax. It help's a lot.
github.com/Fubaxiusz/fubax-shaders/tree/master/Shaders

About the color shaders. Today i went into photoshop to do some image work. After 10 minutes i was thinking about putting the images into a shader, loading it ingame and do it with reshade.. not sure if that's even possible but i was actively thinking about it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: aaronth07, prod80

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.