Color Filter

• Ioxa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #1 by Ioxa Color Filter was created by Ioxa
This is just something I was playing around with but it seemed like some people were interested in using it so I put this together. The settings are clunky and are probably confusing at first but overall I think its an easy way to change the look of a game.

Some pics. Some of the changes may be easier to see by opening each pic in a separate tab. Hint: Click on it with the middle mouse button.
Warning: Spoiler!

Updated (July 11, 2015)
Download ColorFilter for ReShade + Framework
Install Instructions

1. Copy the ReShade folder to the folder that ReShade was installed to. Merge it with the existing folder.
2. Open the ReShade folder and find EffectOrdering.cfg
3. Decide where in the effect order you would like it to run and add the following line.

#include EFFECT(ColorFilter, ColorFilter)

It should look something like this.

4. Open the Framework Mediator and find the ColorFilter tab to adjust the settings.

The predefined filters are a quick way to add some color to your games, find a color combination you like and turn on the filter. Multiple filters can be turned on to add even more color.

If you don't see a color combination you like, you can use one of the custom filters to create your own color combination. You can find colors on an RGB chart like the one at web.njit.edu/~kevin/rgb.txt.html or you can adjust the sliders until you find a color you like.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Ioxa.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick, SpinelessJelly, BillyAlt, BrandonHortman, Scorpio82CO, borrisgame, DeMondo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• BrandonHortman
More
8 years 11 months ago #2 by BrandonHortman Replied by BrandonHortman on topic Color Filter
Sweet. I'll try it out now! :cheer:

• BillyAlt
More
8 years 11 months ago #3 by BillyAlt Replied by BillyAlt on topic Color Filter
At this rate you should start developing your own suite, eh?
The following user(s) said Thank You: jas01

• amoebae
More
8 years 11 months ago #4 by amoebae Replied by amoebae on topic Color Filter
I love this. Thanks for making it and sharing it. It makes changing to basic colour tone incredibly quick and simple. B)

• borrisgame
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #5 by borrisgame Replied by borrisgame on topic Color Filter
I do not understand how to install it :silly: sorry

open reshade = paste colorfilter

open reshadefx = #include EFFECT(CustomFX,ColorFilter)

open= customfx = the line is empty

how activate effect colorfilter ?
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by borrisgame.

• Ioxa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #6 by Ioxa Replied by Ioxa on topic Color Filter

BillyAlt wrote: At this rate you should start developing your own suite, eh?

Haha, well the stuff I'm doing is pretty simple, don't know if it's suite worthy. Although if I come up with anything else I may just combine it all into one thread.

amoebae wrote: I love this. Thanks for making it and sharing it. It makes changing to basic colour tone incredibly quick and simple. B)

No problem, glad you like it! And glad you found it easy to use even though the settings are incomplete.

borrisgame wrote: I do not understand how to install it :silly: sorry

open reshade = paste colorfilter

open reshadefx = #include EFFECT(CustomFX,ColorFilter)

open= customfx = the line is empty

how activate effect colorfilter ?

Sorry about that Borris, I didn't explain the install process very well.

1. Copy ColorFilter.fx to the game folder that ReShade was installed to (This is the folder with ReShade.fx in it).
2. Open ReShade.fx and scroll down to the "Effect Ordering" section.
3. Decide where in the effect order you would like it to run and add the folowing line.

#include "ColorFilter.fx"

4. Open ColorFilter.fx to adjust the settings

Hope that makes more sense.

• borrisgame
More
8 years 11 months ago #7 by borrisgame Replied by borrisgame on topic Color Filter
you may set these to make a quick video please ??

• borrisgame
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #8 by borrisgame Replied by borrisgame on topic Color Filter
/*
| :: ReShade Framework :: |
'
*/

// Keycode aliases
#include "ReShade\Common\KeyCodes.h"
// Global configuration
#include "ReShade\Common_settings.cfg"

// Shared resources and useful helpers
#include "ReShade\Common\Util.h"

#include EFFECT(CustomFX, Util)
#include EFFECT(GemFX, Util)
#include EFFECT(McFX, Util)
#include EFFECT(SweetFX, Util)

/*
| :: Effect Ordering :: |
'
*/

#include EFFECT(McFX, SSAO)
#include EFFECT(McFX, DOF)
#include EFFECT(CustomFX, TiltShift)
#include EFFECT(GemFX, MotionBlur)
#include EFFECT(GemFX, AdvMotionBlur)
//#include EFFECT(GemFX, MotionFocus) //WIP
#include EFFECT(GemFX, Bloom)
#include EFFECT(SweetFX, Shared)
#include EFFECT(GemFX, AmbientLight)
#include EFFECT(McFX, HeatHaze)
//#include EFFECT(GemFX, AdvAmbientLight) //WIP
#include EFFECT(CustomFX, TuningPalette)
#include EFFECT(SweetFX, Ascii)
#include EFFECT(SweetFX, Cartoon)
#include EFFECT(SweetFX, LumaSharpen)
#include EFFECT(SweetFX, SMAAWrap)
#include EFFECT(SweetFX, Explosion)
#include EFFECT(SweetFX, FXAAWrap)
#include EFFECT(SweetFX, Bloom)
#include EFFECT(SweetFX, HDR)
#include EFFECT(SweetFX, CA)
#include EFFECT(SweetFX, AdvancedCRT)
#include EFFECT(SweetFX, PixelartCRT)
#include EFFECT(SweetFX, LensDistortion)
#include EFFECT(CustomFX, ColorCorrection)
#include EFFECT(CustomFX, Cel)
#include EFFECT(CustomFX, Gaussian)
#include EFFECT(CustomFX, Custom)
#include EFFECT(McFX, FishEyeCA)
#include EFFECT(CustomFX, Gr8mmFilm)
#include EFFECT(Common, UIMask)
#include EFFECT(Common, Border)
#include EFFECT(Common, SplitScreen)
#include EFFECT(Common, DisplayDepth)
#include EFFECT(SweetFX, Transition)
#include EFFECT(Common, ToggleMessage)
#includeColorFilter.fx(SweetFX,ColorFilter)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Scorpio82CO

• Ioxa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #9 by Ioxa Replied by Ioxa on topic Color Filter
The line to include it in the effect ordering should just say #include "ColorFilter.fx", it should look something like this.

If you put the #include line at the very end of the effect ordering add a blank space below it so it isn't at the bottom of the page.

This is just a temporary way of including the effect, I'll have everything moved over to the correct files to properly include it in the framework in a day or two. When I do that I'll update the install instructions with something like this to make it easier to see how it should be installed.
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Ioxa.
The following user(s) said Thank You: borrisgame

• Constantine PC
More
8 years 11 months ago #10 by Constantine PC Replied by Constantine PC on topic Color Filter
Ah, With this I can relive the BF3 filter days. Which by the way I think I was the only person in the world that thought they were necessary for that game (it would of honestly looked out-dated otherwise)

All kidding aside, this looks extremely useful, thanks!

• Ioxa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #11 by Ioxa Replied by Ioxa on topic Color Filter

Constantine PC wrote: Ah, With this I can relive the BF3 filter days. Which by the way I think I was the only person in the world that thought they were necessary for that game (it would of honestly looked out-dated otherwise)

All kidding aside, this looks extremely useful, thanks!

Haha, I was thinking the same thing when I first started messing around with it, now I can play Caspien Border with the blue filter again.

If you think of anything that would make it more useful let me know.

• Ioxa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #12 by Ioxa Replied by Ioxa on topic Color Filter
I moved everything to the proper files for the Framework and updated the install instructions. Also added some more custom filters, added a way to adjust saturation, made the filters easier to see so they are easier to adjust, added some more instructions for using the custom filters, and I may have changed a couple other things. The settings are really clunky and some of the blend modes will throw up division by zero warnings but other than that everything seems to be working.

Download

Some pics. Some of the changes may be easier to see by opening each pic in a separate tab. Hint: Click on it with the middle mouse button.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SpinelessJelly, BillyAlt

• borrisgame
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #13 by borrisgame Replied by borrisgame on topic Color Filter
heyy thank you =)))))))))) :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

• F D B
More
8 years 11 months ago #14 by F D B Replied by F D B on topic Color Filter
Looks very good!

Any way of using this with Master Effect Reborn? I'm not currently Framework. Haven't made up my mind yet!

• Ioxa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #15 by Ioxa Replied by Ioxa on topic Color Filter

F D B wrote: Looks very good!

Any way of using this with Master Effect Reborn? I'm not currently Framework. Haven't made up my mind yet!

Yeah, try this one.
Download ColorFilter for SweetFX / MasterEffect

Install Instructions

1. Copy ColorFilter.fx and the SweetFX folder to game folder that ReShade was installed to. Merge the SweetFX folder with the existing SweetFX folder.

2. Open ReShade.fx

3.a) For SweetFX. Add the line #include "ColorFilter.fx" above or below the line that says #include "Sweet.fx"

3.b) For MasterEffect. Add the line #include "ColorFilter.fx" below the line that says #include "MasterEffect.h".

4. Open the SweetFX folder and find ColorFilter_settings.h. Open the file and adjust the settings.
The following user(s) said Thank You: padolamap

• padolamap
More
8 years 10 months ago #16 by padolamap Replied by padolamap on topic Color Filter
Any chance to do it with one color by choice, eg select only the brown without the yellow, there are games that require more color than another and that would make a big difference. Very good job he has done with this. Thank you.

• Ioxa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago #17 by Ioxa Replied by Ioxa on topic Color Filter

padolamap wrote: Any chance to do it with one color by choice, eg select only the brown without the yellow, there are games that require more color than another and that would make a big difference. Very good job he has done with this. Thank you.

Yeah, you can do that with the custom filters. There are some instructions in the settings file that explain how to do it. To make a filter that is just brown chose one of the custom filters and enter a color code for brown for DarkColor and BrightColor, kind of like this.
#define DarkColor        float3(0.2,0.0,0.0) //Color applied to dark areas. 
#define BrightColor      float3(0.2,0.0,0.0) //Color applied to bright areas.
Or if you only want to add brown to the darker areas you could do something like this.
#define DarkColor        float3(0.2,0.0,0.0) //Color applied to dark areas. 
#define BrightColor      float3(0.5,0.5,0.5) //Color applied to bright areas.
That will make the bright color gray, which doesn't change the color much, so you'll mostly just get a brown tint in the darker areas. There are a couple links to color charts in the settings so you could even use a different shade of brown if you want.

• padolamap
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #18 by padolamap Replied by padolamap on topic Color Filter
Ok thank, the second option gives me error (0.5,0.5,0.5)
there is a table that value is determined each color
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by padolamap.

• Ioxa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago #19 by Ioxa Replied by Ioxa on topic Color Filter
What kind of error? Make sure it says float3(0.5,0.5,0.5).
There is a section in the settings file with instructions on how to use the custom filters. In those instructions there are links to two color charts. There are also some instructions on how to use them.

• padolamap
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #20 by padolamap Replied by padolamap on topic Color Filter
http://i.imgur.com/Y0LbwKR.png?1
http://i.imgur.com/o4UATaS.png?1
I can not find where is the link of the color chart, would you be so kind as to lay that out, of course thank you very much for all that you are doing
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by padolamap.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.