Glamayre_Fast_Effects

• someone_for
More
2 years 2 months ago #41 by someone_for Replied by someone_for on topic Glamayre_Fast_Effects
When can we expect the new Release?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rj200
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 2 months ago #42 by rj200 Replied by rj200 on topic Glamayre_Fast_Effects
Version 5 is out now! It took me longer than expected because it's got a lot of tweaks...

HDR support. Faster AO. Better Fake GI, especially if depth is available. Better sharpen.

github.com/rj200/Glamarye_Fast_Effects_for_ReShade

• someone_for
More
2 years 2 months ago #43 by someone_for Replied by someone_for on topic Glamayre_Fast_Effects
Thank you. Great update but I don't understand the new "16 bit mode". When I turn it on I can see a change but it creates some weird 'shadows', 'ambient occlusion' so I guess that means it's not working for my setup.

• rj200
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 2 months ago #44 by rj200 Replied by rj200 on topic Glamayre_Fast_Effects
16 bit HDR mode is automatic now based on the type of buffer the game passes to ReShade. The pre-processor definitions are gone.

"HDR FP16 color is in nits" option at the end is to tell my shader if the game's output is in a unit of light called nits. If it's off, it's still 16 bit mode (the option only actually appears in 16 bit mode). If it works okay without this then leave it off. I think turning it on when not needed might cause weird shadows.

Nits range about 0-1000. If the option is off it assumes it in Microsoft's scRGB scale, which ranges about 0-10. Actual range in both cases depends on your screen's max brightness. Both ways it's 16 bit HDR.

Microsoft's DirectX documentation suggests games should be using scRGB, but discussion in the discord code-chat channel suggested some Epic games output was in nits.

I've tested 10 bit HDR, I haven't actually been able to test 16 bit HDR as I don't have any games that are using it (or maybe my hardware doesn't support it?)

What games are you using and can you confirm it looks better with that checkbox on or off? I'm not sure which mode is the best default.

• NoPippinNo
More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #45 by NoPippinNo Replied by NoPippinNo on topic Glamayre_Fast_Effects
Hello there! Thank you for the excellent update!

I believe I've found a bit of an unexpected behavior when the GI depth component is enabled along with FSR and possibly other situations with varying depth buffer resolution.

On Cyberpunk stripe gaps appear in the shadowing effect when FSR is enabled and their amount increases as the internal resolution goes down, like it's pixels are being spread out to make up for the resolution difference

Here's a GIF sequencing of debug shots:
1. Area Light Debug, FSR at best quality
2. Area Light Debug, FSR at medium quality
3. AO Debug, FSR at medium quality

im4.ezgif.com/tmp/ezgif-4-69b10d2f14.gif

Edit: link expired quicker than I thought, will look into making another later
Last edit: 2 years 2 months ago by NoPippinNo. Reason: expired link

• rj200
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 2 months ago #46 by rj200 Replied by rj200 on topic Glamayre_Fast_Effects
Could be due to depth buffer being different resolution to final image perhaps. I will see if I can recreate the bug in HZD, which I believe has an FSR option.

Images would help - imgsli.com/ is a handy site for uploading images for comparison.

• rj200
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 2 months ago #47 by rj200 Replied by rj200 on topic Glamayre_Fast_Effects
Just tested FSR in Horizon Zero Dawn and in performance mode ReShade doesn't auto detect the depth buffer correctly. However, I could fix it by finding and selecting the correct buffer in D3D12 tab in ReShade 4.9.1. Depth config is in Add-ons tab in ReShade 5.

I suspect you're getting weirdness in Cyberpunk because ReShade has picked the wrong buffer and it actually has something else in it. See if manually selecting the depth buffer helps and let me know.

• NoPippinNo
More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #48 by NoPippinNo Replied by NoPippinNo on topic Glamayre_Fast_Effects
FSR implementation can be very flexible so CDPR might have done something weird with it, I tried every buffer option including cleared buffers and the stripes persist only with FSR on. Other shaders are unaffected, I'm afraid =/

FSR Off
imgsli.com/OTY1MTE
FSR Highest Quality
imgsli.com/OTY1MDI
FSR Medium Quality
imgsli.com/OTY1MDQ

Also, the stripes fade with the GI Offset setting (and are only present when Fake GI depth effects are ticked on)
imgsli.com/OTY1MTk

FSR Highest Quality, MXAO
imgsli.com/OTY1MTU
Last edit: 2 years 2 months ago by NoPippinNo. Reason: Also, the stripes fade with the GI Offset setting (and are only present when Fake GI depth effects are ticked on)

• rj200
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 2 months ago #49 by rj200 Replied by rj200 on topic Glamayre_Fast_Effects
v5.1 is out! Get it from  github.com/rj200/Glamarye_Fast_Effects_for_ReShade

Thank you NoPippinNo. HZD behaves a bit differently but I managed to replicate the bug in DLSS mode.... and I have fixed it! Try the new version and see if it works for you.

Info for developers: Don't assume depth buffer size == backbuffer size. Don't use POINT sampling then ddx(depth) & ddy(depth). Glamayre now uses LINEAR for central depth sample (it still uses POINT for surrounding AO samples.)

• NoPippinNo
More
2 years 2 months ago #50 by NoPippinNo Replied by NoPippinNo on topic Glamayre_Fast_Effects
Looking perfect now, thank you for looking into it!

• Eggnoghog
More
2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #51 by Eggnoghog Replied by Eggnoghog on topic Glamayre_Fast_Effects
Hi, after I really like your AO implementation, I have a 'small' feature request:

Can you make a contrast adaptive reduction? You alreade have an option for reducing AO bright areas. This works really fine. But (every) external AO has a general problem with foggy areas (which lack of contrast). The solution is, to compute the average contrast of the whole image (or even better, divde the image in, lets say 8 parts) and reduce the strength of the AO effect in areas which have a low contrast. If you are able to do this, it would be perfect.

My last wish would be an option to blend 2 AO images together. One with AO radius 2-5 and one with a much bigger radius (20-50), just like MXAO does...
Nevermind: I just tried your Fake GI AO - and it is much better. The quality/performance ratio is outstanding!
Last edit: 2 years 1 month ago by Eggnoghog.

• Eggnoghog
More
2 years 1 month ago #52 by Eggnoghog Replied by Eggnoghog on topic Glamayre_Fast_Effects
It adds so much depth at nearly zero performance cost. Wow!

imgsli.com/OTk4OTc

• Aldazor
More
2 years 2 weeks ago #53 by Aldazor Replied by Aldazor on topic Glamayre_Fast_Effects
Hello, first of all thanks for the shaders. They do wonders for older titles especially.

I'm currently using them in WoW Classic and while AO works really beautifully, I have one issue with the GI.

It's capturing the color of the UI:
Warning: Spoiler!

The UI isn't part of the depth buffer and the sky is being ignored properly.

I don't know if it's just how the shader works and nothing you can do will fix it, but I thought I'd ask here.

• rj200
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 6 days ago - 2 years 6 days ago #54 by rj200 Replied by rj200 on topic Glamayre_Fast_Effects
Unfortunately GUI elements are hard for ReShade shaders - ideally it would run before GUI is drawn but that's not possible (well, maybe with the new ReShade 5 plugin architecture, but no-ones done it yet.)

Sky detect stops the sky from being changed (even in debug modes) but it's not so easy to remove the sky's effect on the hills. At the moment it desaturates and brightens the sky so it's brightness but not colour can affect the hills. I can't make it just assume sky is all one bright colour because then a dark night sky would cast bright light.

From your screenshots I can see the GUI isn't detected in the depth buffer, but is just visible in parts where it overlaps the sky. So I don't think it's possible to fix.
Last edit: 2 years 6 days ago by rj200. Reason: correction, original comment that a change in the next version might help... I tested it and don't think that idea will work - it breaks things elsewhere.

• rj200
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 1 day ago #55 by rj200 Replied by rj200 on topic Glamayre_Fast_Effects
Glamayre 6.0 is out. New sharpening! New fake global illumination! Improvements in HDR support.

github.com/rj200/Glamarye_Fast_Effects_for_ReShade
The following user(s) said Thank You: SpajdrEX, YF

• sanek7814
More
1 year 11 months ago #56 by sanek7814 Replied by sanek7814 on topic Glamayre_Fast_Effects
I tested the sharpness recently in version 6.0, it really becomes pleasant to play, but don't you think that the dimming is not very realistic? in addition, it affects fonts

• rj200
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 11 months ago #57 by rj200 Replied by rj200 on topic Glamayre_Fast_Effects
Version 6.1 is out: github.com/rj200/Glamarye_Fast_Effects_for_ReShade

It's mostly minor tweaks.

New in 6.1: Tweaked sharpenning to better balance dots & surrounding pixels. Simpler smoother adaptive contrast curve. Fake GI: Reduced light transfer between near/far areas, fixed over saturated colors at image edge.

Thank you for the feedback sanek7814, you did make me look at the sharpenning again and tweak it. It's impossible to avoid affecting fonts/GUI in a ReShade shader because it you only get the final output of the game to work with. What we really want is to be able to put our shaders in the middle fo the game's pipeline - that might be possible using ReShade 6's new c++ plugin system but no-one has implemented it yet.

• sanek7814
More
1 year 11 months ago #58 by sanek7814 Replied by sanek7814 on topic Glamayre_Fast_Effects
This is possible, at least if we take the CAS (contrast adaptive sharpen) from AMD. Or sharpness from nvidia. Both technologies are implemented in such a way as to maximize sharpness without obtaining artifacts. Only in the case of amd cas, this shader is already ported to reshade. Thus, if we have a game with a lot of interface, with fonts, then due to the same CAS, the impact will be minimal and not noticeable at all.I think that the principle of perfect sharpness is that in any game, absolutely in any game, it works perfectly without creating artifacts and distortions on fonts and so on. Another problem is that nvidia freestyle does not work in all games, and it is easier to use reshade.Personally, I understand good sharpness or not, in games with a small number of fonts, for example L4D2. Accordingly, one sharpness works in such a way that fonts (for example, player nicknames) are distorted, and the other does not change them in any way.

• Wicked Sick
More
1 year 11 months ago #59 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic Glamayre_Fast_Effects
I really like this shader

• someone_for
More
1 year 10 months ago #60 by someone_for Replied by someone_for on topic Glamayre_Fast_Effects
There seems to be a problem with the sharpening and HDR on my end. Everything that is dark has pixels going wild. Only happens with sharpening enabled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rj200

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.