(H)ybrid high-(Q)uality (A)nti-(A)liasing (HQAA)

• lordbean
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 7 months ago #321 by lordbean Replied by lordbean on topic (H)ybrid high-(Q)uality (A)nti-(A)liasing (HQAA)
I think I've managed to fix it, if the error you're getting is a NaN/Infinity literals not allowed by shader model. I managed to reproduce the behavior on Borderlands TPS (oddly, it failed to compile in setup mode and compiled properly in performance mode...). It was one particular offending term tied to the edge threshold causing the issue, and the fix was super janky - I flipped the numerator and denominator in each one causing an error and either added or removed rcp (based on whether rcp was already being used).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kleio420

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kleio420
More
1 year 7 months ago #322 by Kleio420 Replied by Kleio420 on topic (H)ybrid high-(Q)uality (A)nti-(A)liasing (HQAA)
that was indeed the error ill post back later today sometime if its solved the issue on my end. As far as the fix goes would this cause any bugs in terms of how it is meant to function ?

• lordbean
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 7 months ago #323 by lordbean Replied by lordbean on topic (H)ybrid high-(Q)uality (A)nti-(A)liasing (HQAA)
No. Rcp just calculates the reciprocal (1/x) - when used on an explicit division it's identical to reversing the positions of the numerator and denominator. The reason this is janky is because the compiler chokes on it one way, but not the other, yet both are functionally identical.

• lordbean
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 6 months ago #324 by lordbean Replied by lordbean on topic (H)ybrid high-(Q)uality (A)nti-(A)liasing (HQAA)
v29.2 is now available, and although the changes are functionally minor, they make a big difference to the output quality in most cases. HQAA's optional CAS sharpening has some new tricks up its sleeve that, combined with improved calibration of the defaults and global presets, leave scenes looking nice and sharp without really over- or under-sharpening anything.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Martigen

• Egor179
More
1 year 5 months ago #325 by Egor179 Replied by Egor179 on topic (H)ybrid high-(Q)uality (A)nti-(A)liasing (HQAA)
Hello, where can I download the shader? Copying the code from here does not work, gives a compilation error

• EFermi
More
1 year 5 months ago #326 by EFermi Replied by EFermi on topic (H)ybrid high-(Q)uality (A)nti-(A)liasing (HQAA)
Direct link: github.com/lordbean-git/HQAA

Also can be found on the 1st page in the beginning of the 1st message by lordbean, hyperlinked as # HQAA.

• lordbean
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 5 months ago #327 by lordbean Replied by lordbean on topic (H)ybrid high-(Q)uality (A)nti-(A)liasing (HQAA)
v29.3 is now available, featuring a major optimization of the FXAA code that significantly improves both performance and output quality and a new "Lossless Mode" global preset, which is designed to retain the maximum possible amount of detail in the scene after processing. This version is worth updating to for the performance improvements alone as it runs significantly faster than any prior version of HQAA.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CUBER, Martigen

• lordbean
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 3 months ago #328 by lordbean Replied by lordbean on topic (H)ybrid high-(Q)uality (A)nti-(A)liasing (HQAA)
HQAA v30.0 final is now available.

The output quality and performance of v30 are both better than v29.3 thanks to improvements in the accuracy of both SMAA and FXAA and a general fine-tuning pass to squeeze as much out of the shader as possible. This is the final major revision of HQAA as I do not believe I can push the output quality and flexibility of the shader any further than I already have at this point. I cannot rule out that there may be smaller updates in the future if bugs or compatibility problems are found, but apart from that, version 30 can be considered the official "the project is done" release of the shader.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Martigen, EFermi, Bred_W

• Bred_W
More
1 year 3 months ago #329 by Bred_W Replied by Bred_W on topic (H)ybrid high-(Q)uality (A)nti-(A)liasing (HQAA)
WoW .. Very Thanks for all your work lordbean, this is a VERY useful shader since AA is a primary aspect to improve on games and your shader does it WELL .. so GooD !
[^.^)

• EFermi
More
1 year 3 months ago #330 by EFermi Replied by EFermi on topic (H)ybrid high-(Q)uality (A)nti-(A)liasing (HQAA)
This makes me wonder: is it possible to write a shader code that would use RTX Tensor Cores or RX 7000 series AI cores to process? I know ReShade can't do (true) temporal stuff because it requires access to complicated  functions of the render, but addressing via tensor cores / AI acceleration should be achievable, right? 

• lordbean
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 3 months ago #331 by lordbean Replied by lordbean on topic (H)ybrid high-(Q)uality (A)nti-(A)liasing (HQAA)
v30.1 update now available. It fixes a bug that would cause a compile failure when TAA was configured in certain ways.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bred_W

• lordbean
  • Topic Author
More
11 months 1 week ago #332 by lordbean Replied by lordbean on topic (H)ybrid high-(Q)uality (A)nti-(A)liasing (HQAA)
HQAA v30.2 is now available, which is a collection of (mostly) minor improvements compared to 30.1. The most notable change is an improvement in the accuracy of the FXAA output in 30.2, which tends to produce sharper final images than previously.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Martigen, YF, dallas1981s

• lordbean
  • Topic Author
More
3 weeks 2 days ago #333 by lordbean Replied by lordbean on topic (H)ybrid high-(Q)uality (A)nti-(A)liasing (HQAA)
HQAA v30.3 is now available.

30.3 includes a lot of small improvements, fixes, and optimizations, and a new major feature - when using TAA Persistence, HQAA's TAA will now perform next-frame prediction and use this to help reduce shimmering in the scene.

Find it here: github.com/lordbean-git/HQAA
The following user(s) said Thank You: CUBER

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.