Option to Brighten/Darken Screenshots

• luluco250
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #1 by luluco250 Option to Brighten/Darken Screenshots was created by luluco250
I've been using ReShade on The Sims 3 and it looks really good but unfortunately for some reason the screenshots I take are always very dark, in-game the brightness is perfectly normal. I was thinking if it was possible to have an option to alter the brightness of screenshots, or perhaps is there a proper way to fix this?
The first image is the original screenshot, the second was brightened in GIMP to resemble the in-game look and the third is to show that the screenshots are still dark with all effects disabled (Scroll Lock toggle).
Warning: Spoiler!

I was unsure of whether to post this on troubleshooting or not, forgive me if I'm wrong to post here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Marty McFly
More
8 years 5 months ago #2 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Option to Brighten/Darken Screenshots
Are you taking the screenshots with ReShade's screenshot feature or with a third party program?

• luluco250
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #3 by luluco250 Replied by luluco250 on topic Option to Brighten/Darken Screenshots
With ReShade's own feature, I always prefer it to take screenshots in games and so far only this game has given me this issue.

• crosire
More
8 years 5 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Option to Brighten/Darken Screenshots
Wrong color space (gamma/linear) conversion during saving I asume.

• luluco250
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #5 by luluco250 Replied by luluco250 on topic Option to Brighten/Darken Screenshots
So is there any workaround for this? I've tried taking screenshots with the in-game function but they don't show the ReShade effects, I assume this is because it takes a screenshot of the render buffer before ReShade injects it's shaders? (I may be saying bananas here, I don't know the exacts of how it works)

Update:
It seems the problem only occurs when taking screenshots in full screen mode, when I tried doing it while windowed it saved the colors correctly.
The first screenshot was taken in windowed mode, the second in full screen mode.
Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by luluco250.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.