Denoise for video

• Trendy
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 months ago #1 by Trendy Denoise for video was created by Trendy
Hi
I'm using reshade on a HTPC, with latest Kodi, and it's really but REALLY great... 3DLUT support is fantastic for video use, and so is Lumasharpen.
Now i would like to get a bit further and use some denoise on poorly encoded movies, is there already a denoise shader i could use with reshade ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• LegoPepper
More
8 years 3 months ago #2 by LegoPepper Replied by LegoPepper on topic Denoise for video
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think deband should do the trick. It should already be inside the framework

• Trendy
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 months ago #3 by Trendy Replied by Trendy on topic Denoise for video
I'm about to try deband this afternoon but i think it works on bigger patterns.
I have some issues on poorly encoded vids with what we call here "ants/snow" : very small points moving, i don't think deband will help for this will he ?

• Trendy
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 months ago #4 by Trendy Replied by Trendy on topic Denoise for video
I tried deband and then i also installed iFX with high pass sharpen and clarity.
3DLUT + Lumasharpen + Deband + High pass sharpen + Clarity : WOW. I can't believe the difference it makes on high definition videos.
Also it seems to be very efficient because it runs fine on my NUC with integrated graphics...

Had to limit deband though because by default it was too agressive at 64, so i set it ti 16 with good results.

I could use a good denoise for low quality videos... deband will not do this.

• Martigen
More
8 years 3 months ago #5 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic Denoise for video
Would you mind sharing your configuration/settings you use for this? :)

• Trendy
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 months ago #6 by Trendy Replied by Trendy on topic Denoise for video
I would be happy to share BUT it worked great for maybe one week... and now it crashes all the time, no way to watch anything.
I was a bit short of power on graphic card and overclocked a bit too much my Intel NUC, had a crash, and now it's a real pain in the ass, no way to get it to work again.
I tried to reinstall Kodi, try to reinstall Reshade but there should be something left somewhere from the OC crash that keeps crashing... now i can't even read a video, just going through Kodi menus makes Kodi crash if Reshade is on.
Anyone got ideas of what i could do / delete ?

• Trendy
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 months ago #7 by Trendy Replied by Trendy on topic Denoise for video
So the settings i used :
Deband with - #define DEBAND_RADIUS 16 instead of 32 (more than 16 eats too much details and smoothen faces on my conf)
Lumasharpen with #define sharp_strength 2.40
Clarity with #define ClarityStrength 0.50
and
Sharp with #define HPSharpStrength 0.4

I also have a 3D Lut profile installed through dispcalGUI (it should be done AFTER everything else is installed).

Great results on my full HD projector when it was working... in fact clarity was as good as my Darbee, i was about to sell it and keep everything in the PC, too bad it does not work anymore :(

• Trendy
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #8 by Trendy Replied by Trendy on topic Denoise for video
Just spent 3 hours reinstalling my NUC from scratch, going from Windows 7 to Windows 10, latest drivers for everything, a fresh and clean install...
I had the exact same crash in like 10 seconds after launching Kodi :evil:

Not sure what the exact problem is...
Is it safe to edit shaders config files ?
I have to use "strange" key to toggle on/off as i use my remote control and mediator does not seems to be able to set it correctly (using the Verr num keys, value 0x14 )
I see a lot of redondant cfg files there... on Kodi root dir, and 2 others in personnal files / presets.
Did i fucked up something ?
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Trendy.

• Trendy
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 months ago #9 by Trendy Replied by Trendy on topic Denoise for video
Finally i found the crash reason : my power supply was almost dead, with a new power supply no more problems...

• JPulowski
More
8 years 2 months ago #10 by JPulowski Replied by JPulowski on topic Denoise for video
Just finished porting NVIDIA's Denoise samples to ReShade. It includes two methods: k-nearest neighbors and non-local means. The latter is extremely slow and not suitable for real-time rendering. But the first one is quite fast and effective for denoising. I will upload both shaders to our repository soon. But unfortunately everyone has to wait a little longer because the latest framework has some changes that is not compatible with current binaries. :)

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.