RBM Brightness Threshold

• Elimina
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #1 by Elimina RBM Brightness Threshold was created by Elimina
Would it be possible to add a threshold to the brightness of the objects that are reflected in the environment? I was thinking about specular lights in games, and I thought about how RBM reflects almost all of the colors in a scene without any option to limit the amount that appears in the reflections. If a threshold was added, It would allow RBM to be used as a sort of screen space specular light effect if the threshold was set high enough. It would allow users to use RBM to add more controlled reflections on bright objects such as light sources instead of reflecting all objects at once, which looks weird in some cases.

Obvious Example:
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Elimina.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MaxG3D, jas01

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• MaxG3D
More
8 years 1 month ago #2 by MaxG3D Replied by MaxG3D on topic RBM Brightness Threshold
I dig that idea, it's a really cool effect and I would love to see more improvements for it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.