Noise reduction

• mickevincent
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #1 by mickevincent Noise reduction was created by mickevincent
Yeah I know I have kinda asked this before. I'am just wondering if someone here maybe can help me to some other forum were someone else might help me or maybe have any ideas on effects in reshade to kinda simulate this.
This site uses an upscaled appearently called waifu
waifu2x.udp.jp/

I use 2x and highest noise reduction for these pictures.
Original

Upscaled

Original

Upscaled

Nice eh? The originals are from Final Fantasy VII and IX on PS1 for those who don't know. I'am just dying to have this kind of presentetion on my screen while playing. So is it in any way possible? Please help! :)

/Mike
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by mickevincent.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jas01

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mickevincent
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #2 by mickevincent Replied by mickevincent on topic "upscale shader"
As I understand it it's mostly the noise reduction that makes it look so good. The noise reduction for waifu is appearently called Artificial Neural Networks. Is that possible to port to ReShade?
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by mickevincent.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.