Simple motion blur

• jas01
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #1 by jas01 Simple motion blur was created by jas01
Hello!

*First of all sorry for my poor grammar*

So I have radial blur effect from this topic: reshade.me/forum/shader-suggestions/61-motion-blur
But this is only static effect. It is possible to get this to work only when I hold/press "w" (key)?... Or when my character is moving. I need a command for this (or something like that). Please help.

best wishes,
jas01
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by jas01. Reason: bad link

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
9 years 2 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Simple motion blur
ReShade provides a way to check for keyboard input. So:
// true if key is pressed, false otherwise
uniform bool isMovingForward < source = "key"; keycode = 0x57; /* W key */ >;

float4 RadialBlur(float4 pos : SV_Position, float2 texcoord : TEXCOORD) : SV_Target
{

return isMovingForward ? color : tex2D(colorSampler, texcoord);
}

Now it only shows up while you hold down the W key. It's still static though and the transform is a hard cut, would need some more work to make it smooth.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jas01

• jas01
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #3 by jas01 Replied by jas01 on topic Simple motion blur
Thank you for answer. :) I'm glad that i can write with you.

Your method works. But now blur looks strange. The image is moved down. Actually, I have two images now... I'm using MasterEffect. Can this cause the problem? Here are my settings:
www.mediafire.com/download/7sx47cpr8s6585i/ReShade.fx (I am a beginner, so sorry for all my mistakes...)

Here you can see the problem. This happens without holding "w".
www.mediafire.com/download/8ww0mn45tmn63t4/problem.rar

I can change ,,static const float2 BLUR_CENTER = float2(0.5, 0.5)" to ,,static const float2 BLUR_CENTER = float2(0.0, 0.0)" and ,,static const float BLUR_WIDTH = -0.5" to ,,static const float BLUR_WIDTH = -0.01", but then but then the entire screen is also blurred...
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by jas01. Reason: more information

• crosire
More
9 years 2 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Simple motion blur
Mind showing a screenshot of it? =)

• jas01
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #5 by jas01 Replied by jas01 on topic Simple motion blur
I added a link for the screenshot in previous post.

/Edit:
I should go to sleep. :) I'll be available tomorrow.

Good night. :)
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by jas01. Reason: more information

• crosire
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #6 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Simple motion blur
Oh, or course, I'm stupid. Didn't see how that shader subtracts the blur center from texcoord at the top. This works:
float4 RadialBlur(float4 pos : SV_Position, float2 texcoord : TEXCOORD) : SV_Target
{
	if (!isMovingForward)
	{
		return tex2D(SamplerColorLDR, texcoord);
	}

texcoord -= BLUR_CENTER;

color /= BLUR_SAMPLES;

return color;
}

Now if you use this with MasterEffect (like you do), to optimize I would move all that after these lines:
//++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
// Functions
//++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Then remove these lines:
texture colorTex : COLOR;
sampler colorSampler { Texture = colorTex; };
And inside the RadialBlur function, replace "colorSampler" with "SamplerColorLDR".
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jas01

• jas01
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #7 by jas01 Replied by jas01 on topic Simple motion blur
I'm very sorry that I didn't write to you sooner...

Of course, it works perfectly now. I'm very happy with the result. :) Looks really nice in Overgrowth by Wolfire Games (action game in third person mode). Thank you very very much.

I want to thank you for all of your hard work. You gave me a reason to smile. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire, andrew

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.