Invert Zoom (not sure what to call this)

• William_Robinson
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 10 months ago #1 by William_Robinson Invert Zoom (not sure what to call this) was created by William_Robinson
So, I enjoy sniper rifles in a few games I play. I do not, however enjoy the massively increased FoV that comes with them--it gives me motion sickness. I realize that it is not possible to disable zoom entirely using shaders, but would it be possible to instead downscale the image onto a small portion of the screen to reduce the magnitude of the scope?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Marty McFly
More
6 years 10 months ago #2 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Invert Zoom (not sure what to call this)
You then have an even smaller window to actually see what's going on, are you sure that's what you want?

• WLHM15
More
6 years 10 months ago #3 by WLHM15 Replied by WLHM15 on topic Invert Zoom (not sure what to call this)
Correct me if im wrong. But the result will be 'pixelated', right?

• William_Robinson
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 10 months ago #4 by William_Robinson Replied by William_Robinson on topic Invert Zoom (not sure what to call this)

Marty McFly wrote: You then have an even smaller window to actually see what's going on, are you sure that's what you want?

Yes, definitely. Anything that might help with the motion sickness and scope sway. (The game generally takes place at short-mid range distances, the only reason sniper scopes are used is because of a damage bonus).

WLHM15 wrote: Correct me if im wrong. But the result will be 'pixelated', right?

Nope, if anything that region of the screen would be rendered at a higher resolution. I want to _undo_ the effect of a scope (leaving me with only a small viewing area).

• lumik
More
6 years 3 weeks ago #5 by lumik Replied by lumik on topic Invert Zoom (not sure what to call this)
Did you find or code a shader like that by any chance?

• luluco250
More
6 years 2 weeks ago - 6 years 2 weeks ago #6 by luluco250 Replied by luluco250 on topic Invert Zoom (not sure what to call this)
I have a Zoom effect in my FXShaders repo which might work as a "de-zoom" if you use a fractional zoom level (0.x), but I haven't tested it.

It also implements key toggling/holding, so it might be particularly useful in your case.

Here, I made a post about it: reshade.me/forum/shader-presentation/4150-simple-zoom-shader
Fractional values do de-zoom the image.
Last edit: 6 years 2 weeks ago by luluco250.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.