Resident evil 5 enb

• Arnoob
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #1 by Arnoob Resident evil 5 enb was created by Arnoob
Hi everybody!
I know this might not be the good place to post that, but here is my problem : I'm trying to make ReShade work with enb in RE5. The reason is simple : the Enb mod permit to disable the awfull color filter in the game while reshade ME allows to implement some badass effect (like lens dirt, AO, chromatic aberation, DOF, noise, etc).
Can anyone knows a way to combine these two? Or know a way to disable the vanilla color? If it's the wrong place, just tell me where to post that, I'll share the results when I'll have the answer.
Have a good day!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• robgrab
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #2 by robgrab Replied by robgrab on topic Resident evil 5 enb
You can also use GeDoSaTo to disable the color filter without the performance hit that the ENB imposes although I'm not sure if GeDoSaTo plays well with ReShade. GeDoSaTo also uses an implementation of SweetFX so you can apply many of the same filters. HBAO+ can be forced in NVIDIA Inspector if you're using an NVIDIA card. DoF won't work in this game because there's no depth buffer info.

Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by robgrab.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jas01

• Boulotaur2024
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #3 by Boulotaur2024 Replied by Boulotaur2024 on topic Resident evil 5 enb

robgrab wrote: DoF won't work in this game because there's no depth buffer info.

There should be a depth buffer available with no efforts. I remember taking some shots back then with HBAO on/off :
www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=136908187&postcount=3126

There are no d3d9 clear operations at all from the engine for RE5 (RE4 is another entirely different beast though) so there is no need for a zbuffer clear number hacks like I implemented in GeDoSaTo for certain reluctant games

So yeah I'm surprized it doesn't work from the get go with Reshade
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Boulotaur2024.

• Arnoob
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #4 by Arnoob Replied by Arnoob on topic Resident evil 5 enb
Indeed, I already implemented AO with nvidia inspector.
And strangely, effects like chromatic aberation and lens dirt worked on the game (I thought CA was depht buffer dependant? Oo)

I also saw that GeDoSaTo would totally disable the HUD in-game, wich is pretty problematic if you want to play, but I'll give it a try tonight and do my report to you. By the way, do you know if there's a shader in the ME suite that would deactivate the vanilla filter without other softwares?

And by the way, thanks for the response guys :-)

• robgrab
More
9 years 1 month ago #5 by robgrab Replied by robgrab on topic Resident evil 5 enb

Boulotaur2024 wrote: There should be a depth buffer available with no efforts. I remember taking some shots back then with HBAO on/off :
www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=136908187&postcount=3126

There are no d3d9 clear operations at all from the engine for RE5 (RE4 is another entirely different beast though) so there is no need for a zbuffer clear number hacks like I implemented in GeDoSaTo for certain reluctant games

So yeah I'm surprized it doesn't work from the get go with Reshade

Last time I checked the compatibility list I thought it said there was no depth buffer access in RE5. Good to know. I've been waiting for them to remove GFWL before messing with it again.

Also, yes, using GeDoSaTo to remove the color filter does disable the HUD. Honestly I prefer it to be off during gameplay (unless switching weapons and button prompts of course). I don't need it for knowing when I need health. There are plenty of other indicators for that.

• crosire
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #6 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Resident evil 5 enb

Boulotaur2024 wrote: So yeah I'm surprized it doesn't work from the get go with Reshade

robgrab wrote: Last time I checked the compatibility list I thought it said there was no depth buffer access in RE5. Good to know.

Checked the game's demo again and depth access works just fine (and compatibility list says that too). Enjoy! =)
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by crosire.

• Arnoob
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #7 by Arnoob Replied by Arnoob on topic Resident evil 5 enb
Rograb your screenshots with the HDAO are really impressive.

I checked a bit on the gedosato side, and some people are talking about a "PSHash" to disable filter, I don't find it or where it works, could you enlighten me about that?

• Nekrik
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #8 by Nekrik Replied by Nekrik on topic Resident evil 5 enb
Guys when i was researching about RE5 using both Gedosato and Enb i found out the following:
When using enb Color Grading -Green Pallete Filter removal it also disables some lens flares PP effects.
When using Gedosato'w PS hash injector it is also removes the HUD as someone already said . I couldn't find better PS hashes though i tried maybe 30 of them.
@Rograb, as far as for Depth Buffer information access for me,it works both in Gedosato thus working AO, and of course working perfect in Reshade both in dx9 and dx10 modes, as already stated in a thread somewhere here. I think i also posted a benchmark screenshot with a Reshade+ ME+wSfx preset i made.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Nekrik.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.