DOF autofocus debug

• Niko of Death
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 2 months ago #1 by Niko of Death DOF autofocus debug was created by Niko of Death
I have been working on setting up dof shaders in as many games as I can. Unfortunately, in many cases it is difficult to properly setup the autofocus, as it is unclear precisely where the focus point is. A debug option that shows the area that the shader is focused on would be extremely helpful, if it is possible.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AssassinsDecree

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• AssassinsDecree
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #2 by AssassinsDecree Replied by AssassinsDecree on topic DOF autofocus debug
Couldn't agree more. Hope this happens one day.

• moriz1
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #3 by moriz1 Replied by moriz1 on topic DOF autofocus debug
if you have some basic coding knowledge, it's pretty easy to just write a focus point shader yourself.

you can also modify existing DoF shaders to display debug info, using the DrawText.fxh header file.

i made use of this in my KuwaharaDoF shader. here's the code snippet:
#include "DrawText.fxh"
if (ShowDebug) {
        float res = -0.1;

int line0[13] = { __M, __o, __u, __s, __e, __Space, __C, __o, __o, __r, __d, __Colon, __Space };

DrawText_String(float2(100.0, 132.0), 32, 1, tex, line0, 13, res);
		DrawText_Digit(DrawText_Shift(float2(200.0, 132.0), int2(13, 0), 32, 1), 32, 1, tex, 0, MouseCoord.x, res);
        DrawText_Digit(DrawText_Shift(float2(400.0, 132.0), int2(13, 0), 32, 1), 32, 1, tex, 0, MouseCoord.y, res);
        DrawText_Digit(DrawText_Shift(float2(500.0, 132.0), int2(13, 0), 32, 1), 32, 1, tex, 3, focusPoint, res);

if ( res != -0.1)
			return res;
    }

basically, if the debug toggle is pressed, it displays your current mouse coordinates, as well as the depth value that the shader is focusing on.

• luluco250
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #4 by luluco250 Replied by luluco250 on topic DOF autofocus debug
I think OP means something more along the lines of a visual debug, like a depth texture where the areas in focus are colorized.

• OtisInf
More
5 years 8 months ago #5 by OtisInf Replied by OtisInf on topic DOF autofocus debug
My new DOF shader for reshade (Cinematic DOF) implements this: reshade.me/forum/shader-presentation/453...matic-depth-of-field

Hope this helps and you like the shader :)

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.