Request: Depth of Field with Film Grain effect

• conan2k
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 5 days ago - 6 years 5 days ago #1 by conan2k Request: Depth of Field with Film Grain effect was created by conan2k
I wonder if there are developers who would be interested to incorporate CeeJay’s Film Grain 1 / 2 into Light DOF and DOF shaders bundled with ReShade?

The idea is to get a more cinematic look and feel for Light DOF / DOF effects by having film grain applied over areas blurred by DOF (i.e. areas not blurred by DOF should not receive a film grain over them).

Thanks in advance!
Last edit: 6 years 5 days ago by conan2k.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Marty

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• MaxG3D
More
6 years 4 days ago #2 by MaxG3D Replied by MaxG3D on topic Request: Depth of Field with Film Grain effect
You can apply a separate film grain shader to the whole image and it will look just fine, not to mention, more physically correct.

• robgrab
More
6 years 4 days ago - 6 years 4 days ago #3 by robgrab Replied by robgrab on topic Request: Depth of Field with Film Grain effect
I just took this one of Bioshock 2 Remastered. I'm using DOF with FilmGrain2.

Last edit: 6 years 4 days ago by robgrab.

• conan2k
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 3 days ago #4 by conan2k Replied by conan2k on topic Request: Depth of Field with Film Grain effect

MaxG3D wrote: You can apply a separate film grain shader to the whole image and it will look just fine, not to mention, more physically correct.

Sure, I can and actually tried it. But it doesn't give an effect I would like to achieve. Would still love to have film grain applied only to areas blurred by DOF (LightDOF and Matso DOF in particular). Which, in my opinion, should produce more cinematic look by making "out of focus" areas less static.

• conan2k
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 3 days ago - 6 years 3 days ago #5 by conan2k Replied by conan2k on topic Request: Depth of Field with Film Grain effect

robgrab wrote: I just took this one of Bioshock 2 Remastered. I'm using DOF with FilmGrain2.

Nice shot as usual! But I would like to have "in focus" areas as clean as possible. I think you would also love such an effect when you see it in action ;)
Last edit: 6 years 3 days ago by conan2k.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.