Black equalizer/boost shader

• Xfighter
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago #1 by Xfighter Black equalizer/boost shader was created by Xfighter
HI,
Is there any shader that mimics the black equalizer of monitors like my previous LG 24GM77, my current monitor is a dell s2417dg and this monitor is known to have low blacks/low contrast.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Marty McFly
More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #2 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Black equalizer/boost shader
Well, it would help tremendously if you supplied us with information what this black equalizer actually does.
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Marty McFly.

• Xfighter
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #3 by Xfighter Replied by Xfighter on topic Black equalizer/boost shader
It a "gaming" thing that improves visibility by lowering blacks.
"It aims to brighten dark areas of the game world without overexposing the brighter areas, so that gamers can more easily spot enemies in darker areas of the map without having to turn their brightness up so that they essentially get blinded by ingame light sources."
prosettings.net/library/what-is-blackequalizer/
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Xfighter.

• Riadon
More
5 years 5 months ago #4 by Riadon Replied by Riadon on topic Black equalizer/boost shader
Seems like you could get a similar effect by setting the black value to a negative number with the Levels shader

• aaronth07
More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #5 by aaronth07 Replied by aaronth07 on topic Black equalizer/boost shader
If all you want is to darker blacks, you can use levels to lower the black point which would make the blacks darker. You could also use another shader (such as fake HDR) to achieve higher contrast (which would would darken the blacks).

EDIT: It seems I misread what you asked, I thought you were asking about darker blacks, not lighter blacks. You should still be able to get that effect using levels, and just raising the black levels.
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by aaronth07. Reason: Misread what the post said

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.