is there a pixelated flickering texture shader?

• kaicooper
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #1 by kaicooper is there a pixelated flickering texture shader? was created by kaicooper
hi there
u guys know these games? DUSK, DEVIL DAGGERS?
its like 90's graphics with chunky flickering textures..is there anyway to make
some games like that?
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by kaicooper.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• matsilagi
More
5 years 3 months ago #2 by matsilagi Replied by matsilagi on topic is there a pixelated flickering texture shader?
As much as i love retro effects, Affine Texture mapping and Vertex snapping ain't possible on ReShade.

It requires having knowledge of projection, geometry and textures, 3 things ReShade has no access.

• crosire
More
5 years 3 months ago #3 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic is there a pixelated flickering texture shader?
I think what kaicooper is looking for is the VHS casette effect?

• matsilagi
More
5 years 3 months ago #4 by matsilagi Replied by matsilagi on topic is there a pixelated flickering texture shader?

crosire wrote: I think what kaicooper is looking for is the VHS casette effect?

Nope, you can notice that he said clunky grapics and in other threads he said like the PS1

The PS1 (as you may know) had vertex snapping and no texture affine to save performance on the console.

Here's what im sure he wants (please correct me if im wrong Kaicooper) :

Btw @crosire: if any of those are possible, please tell me more or less how to do them because i really want them.
Except for the color depth thingy, i already have those on another shader.

• kaicooper
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #5 by kaicooper Replied by kaicooper on topic is there a pixelated flickering texture shader?
yes exactly like the Video u posted..same

but if not possible..there are games like Project Warlock has a filter to make games more pixelated
to look like very old game from 90's

if theres any similar shader i'll be soo appreicate

big thanx guys
======

Corsir

is there any good VHS shader? without the damage (white lines) effect
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by kaicooper.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.