Background Blur Shader

• matsilagi
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #1 by matsilagi Background Blur Shader was created by matsilagi
Hey.
I was recently doing presets on my games for potato PCs and machines, and i wondered if someone has a ultra-simple DoF (aka Background blur)
Something to mimic cheap DoFs from mobile games (Like Asphalt 8, which is basically a box blur applied to the depth)

It can be either like the Asphalt 8 one or a simple Gaussian Blur applied to the depth, a really simple DoF shader just so i can use it on old games without tanking the performance and without looking overkill.

I've found the codes for the shader I wanted: drive.google.com/file/d/1SVbGIyNx5hxltXU...0E/view?usp=drivesdk

Someone willing to port it for me?
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by matsilagi.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• kaicooper
More
5 years 2 months ago #2 by kaicooper Replied by kaicooper on topic Background Blur Shader
oh man this looks soo good and performane friendly ..
hope somone port it

• OtisInf
More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #3 by OtisInf Replied by OtisInf on topic Background Blur Shader

matsilagi wrote: Hey.
I was recently doing presets on my games for potato PCs and machines, and i wondered if someone has a ultra-simple DoF (aka Background blur)
Something to mimic cheap DoFs from mobile games (Like Asphalt 8, which is basically a box blur applied to the depth)

It can be either like the Asphalt 8 one or a simple Gaussian Blur applied to the depth, a really simple DoF shader just so i can use it on old games without tanking the performance and without looking overkill.

I've found the codes for the shader I wanted: drive.google.com/file/d/1SVbGIyNx5hxltXU...0E/view?usp=drivesdk

Someone willing to port it for me?

Cinematic dof takes ~1.6ms in simpler scenes and 2ms in busy scenes @ 1080p, that doesn't tank perf at all. If you need something faster, you can use the regular DOF, which can be tweaked to get below 1ms. There's also lightDOF in the reshade repo which is very very simple and is even faster (but has low quality but as you don't mind, it's perhaps a candidate).

No need for another dof. the ones there are already very fast.
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by OtisInf.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.