[ request / idea ] DOF-tied Lens Dirt?

• marmamowl
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #1 by marmamowl [ request / idea ] DOF-tied Lens Dirt? was created by marmamowl
Hi! New to the forum, but been a Reshade user since the 2.x times. :)

I was just thinking if it was possible to have a lens dirt shader that uses any of the DoF shaders? I think it would be more realistic, as lens dirt is just out of focus dirt on the immediate near-plane.

Additionally, would a similar thing be possible with bloom? I remember reading that bloom is due to a lens' inability to focus perfectly. I don't think it would be as useful (wouldn't be as configurable as a regular bloom shader), but maybe it would be something interesting to explore.

Thanks! :cheer:
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by marmamowl.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Duran.te
More
5 years 2 months ago #2 by Duran.te Replied by Duran.te on topic [ request / idea ] DOF-tied Lens Dirt?
Hi, and welcome to the forum!
Many bloom shaders already comes with lens dirt effect, such as Ambient light, Magic Bloom and the most recent Arcane Bloom. You just need to activate it by tweaking one of this shaders.
About the DOF idea, let's wait to hear some author's idea.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.