FakeHDR: split darks and lights

• ORWS
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago #1 by ORWS FakeHDR: split darks and lights was created by ORWS
For a particular game I'm using FakeHDR and so far I really like what it does. However, an improvement would be if I could have separate control over how much the darks are darkened and the lights are increased. I would currently like to increase FakeHDR a bit for more intense lights but the darks are already a little too dark. Is there any way to achieve this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Duran.te
More
5 years 1 month ago #2 by Duran.te Replied by Duran.te on topic FakeHDR: split darks and lights
You can use any luma modifier shader, such as curves / levels / tonemap and load it before FakeHDR. However, this is a quite old shader, so my suggestion is to try some recent and more complete shader, like lightroom.fx by Marty McFly.
This is an example of Lightroom in action:

• ORWS
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago #3 by ORWS Replied by ORWS on topic FakeHDR: split darks and lights
Ah, thanks! That at least gives me the option of tuning various light levels independently although it might be a bit too technical for me. Will have to figure it out... Is there a noob-friendly tutorial on Lightroom.fx' settings by any chance?

• ORWS
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #4 by ORWS Replied by ORWS on topic FakeHDR: split darks and lights
Hmm, help me out please. I've manually added the Lightroom.fx to the shaders directory and re-ran the installer so I could select it. Started the game and I'm getting an error message about loading a shader. Lightroom.fx is not present in the list of shaders in-game.

It says: There were errors compiling some shaders etc. etc. Or something along those lines.
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by ORWS.

• Duran.te
More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #5 by Duran.te Replied by Duran.te on topic FakeHDR: split darks and lights
Sorry, I should've mentioned it before. :oops:
Lightroom is part of a collection named qUINT , and every effect from this set require an additional file to run correctly: qUINT_common .
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Duran.te.

• ORWS
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago #6 by ORWS Replied by ORWS on topic FakeHDR: split darks and lights
So I've put qUINT_common.fxh and qUINT_lightroom.fx in the shader folder as per the instruction. Re-ran the installer which then offered Lightroom as a selectable plug-in. The game still gives the error of not finding the shader.

• Duran.te
More
5 years 1 month ago #7 by Duran.te Replied by Duran.te on topic FakeHDR: split darks and lights
Uhm.. pretty weird.
Try uninstalling reshade completely, then reinstall it and see if it works (remember to do a backup first).
If it keeps not working do a screen and post it here. We'll try to guess what's wrong.

• ORWS
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #8 by ORWS Replied by ORWS on topic FakeHDR: split darks and lights
OK, so the problem persists.

I've done the following:
1. Run the installer to uninstall ReShade.
2. Go into the game's EXE folder and remove any left over .INI files.
3. Run the installer to install ReShade and download presets.
4. Manually copy qUINT_common.fxh and qUINT_lightroom.fx to the shaders folder.
5. Start game.

Getting the error message saying there were 'some' problems compiling the shader. When going into Statistics or Log, every single text line of qUINT_lightroom.fx returns a syntax error. One thing of note though, the game does not run as admin yet the game's EXE is located in a folder that requires elevated permissions to write/adjust. So if I want to edit a shader setting I have to run the game as admin, do the changes, and quit. The game behaves buggy when ran as admin so generally I do not want to do that. However, the lightroom errors remain, even when running as admin.

What exactly would you like me to make a screenshot of?
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by ORWS.

• Duran.te
More
5 years 1 month ago #9 by Duran.te Replied by Duran.te on topic FakeHDR: split darks and lights

Duran.te wrote: Ah, dear Windows...

Warning: Spoiler!

Try launching your game as administrator or giving your account full control of your game's folder.

Original post: reshade.me/forum/troubleshooting/5141-ff...s-always-empty#32657

For windows authorizations problem open your game folder's properties, go to security tab and give your account full control. This should solve your preset - saving issue.

About your original problem, which reshade's version are you running? qUINT requires 4.0 or higher.

• crosire
More
5 years 1 month ago #10 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic FakeHDR: split darks and lights
The shader file you downloaded is broken. ReShade says as much. Download qUINT here: github.com/martymcmodding/qUINT/archive/master.zip
And if you continue to run into issues, post the log. It contains information about what went wrong (that's why the log exists).

• Duran.te
More
5 years 1 month ago #11 by Duran.te Replied by Duran.te on topic FakeHDR: split darks and lights

crosire wrote: The shader file you downloaded is broken. ReShade says as much. Download qUINT here: github.com/martymcmodding/qUINT/archive/master.zip
And if you continue to run into issues, post the log. It contains information about what went wrong (that's why the log exists).

I linked the files directly from official qUINT's repository, how can they be broken?

• crosire
More
5 years 1 month ago #12 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic FakeHDR: split darks and lights
Download them wrong and you get the wrong text encoding.

• ORWS
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago #13 by ORWS Replied by ORWS on topic FakeHDR: split darks and lights
Finally, it works!

I did go into the GitHub repo and right clicked the files > save as... I didn't find a release or packed ZIP as you've provided a link for. Did I mess up? I guess so!

• Duran.te
More
5 years 1 month ago #14 by Duran.te Replied by Duran.te on topic FakeHDR: split darks and lights
My bad. I should have given you direct links to avoid confusion. What matters is that's working, after all. Happy modding. ;)

• ORWS
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago #15 by ORWS Replied by ORWS on topic FakeHDR: split darks and lights
Thanks gents, appreciate the help.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.