An additional Chromakey "field" (?)

• sasaawd
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 7 months ago #1 by sasaawd An additional Chromakey "field" (?) was created by sasaawd
Hi, i'm someone who uses A LOT your chroma key tool or triest to experiment with it, cause with it i can create some fancy stuff in terms of Music Video.
However... one MAJOR problem i have with this tool is that it only creates said green screen in the front of the camera (based on where the camera is) but not under their feet. In fighting games like DBFZ or Tekken and also the more recent MK11, the green screen covers everything EXCEPT their feet, which would force me to essentially mask em separatly.

If it's not too much trouble, can you add an additional setting to the Chroma Key that allows us to create an additional green screen right underneath their feet and regulate it like for the current chromakeys ? Thank you if u can.

PS: if it's already possible please tell me how and no... radial does not work unless i put the chromakey screen really close but with that there's a high chance that a sudden camera movement will eventually cover the rest of the character or both.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Fu-Bama
More
4 years 7 months ago #2 by Fu-Bama Replied by Fu-Bama on topic An additional Chromakey "field" (?)
I will look into that. It should be possible with normal map generated from depth. Then you would select some angle at which the faces should be masked. But to mask only the floor, some additional magic must be added. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: sasaawd

• sasaawd
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #3 by sasaawd Replied by sasaawd on topic An additional Chromakey "field" (?)

Fu-Bama wrote: I will look into that. It should be possible with normal map generated from depth. Then you would select some angle at which the faces should be masked. But to mask only the floor, some additional magic must be added. ;)

any type of help would be an improvement honestly xD if i knew how to mod maps i would just do that, take a stage, make it a giant green box per game and boom, problem solved but unfortunalty i have to ask help from more expert people xD.

@Fu-Bama if u can find anything to improve this, please let me know and thanks for answering back pretty quickly =)
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by sasaawd.

• Fu-Bama
More
4 years 7 months ago #4 by Fu-Bama Replied by Fu-Bama on topic An additional Chromakey "field" (?)
Here you can grab experimental Chromakey.fx build with floor masking.
github.com/Fubaxiusz/fubax-shaders/blob/...Shaders/Chromakey.fx
It needs more work, as some features of characters are masked too.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.