[Request] Heat Shimmer

• Enton1881
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #1 by Enton1881 [Request] Heat Shimmer was created by Enton1881
Dear all shader authors!
I would like to ask, is it possible to make 'Heat Shimmer' effect shader? I think it just like 'Heat Haze' shader but, it gives the shader effect to the whole screen. So, I give you an idea (hopefully it will work), how about to give the blurry and hazzy effect only around of the light source appearance (red color)?

Thank you in advance and all of your awesome stuffs! Cheers!
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by Enton1881.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• prod80
More
4 years 2 months ago #2 by prod80 Replied by prod80 on topic [Request] Heat Shimmer
My bloom shader has an option to change the kelvin temperature of the bloom. So it can be made warm or cold. Additionally it can add a chromatic aberration effect on the bloom (much like bloom effect as seen through windows or reflecting off metal in photography). Perhaps this can simulate what you’re looking for if you setup the shader in such a way it only picks out the highlights.

You can get it here: github.com/prod80/prod80-ReShade-Repository

• prod80
More
4 years 2 months ago #3 by prod80 Replied by prod80 on topic [Request] Heat Shimmer
Example... here changed the bloom to only take highlights into account and changed the Kelvin temperature to 2500
Not sure this is what you're looking to do though.

• aaronth07
More
4 years 1 week ago #4 by aaronth07 Replied by aaronth07 on topic [Request] Heat Shimmer

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.