@LuciferHawk Framework Configurator

• Sh1nRa358
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #1 by Sh1nRa358 @LuciferHawk Framework Configurator was created by Sh1nRa358
Will this new configurator send those special shortcuts to the game folder and have the ability to remove all traces easily when an update comes out just like the old sweetfx configurator? For every file BUT the cfg files at least.
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Sh1nRa358.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ganossa
More
8 years 10 months ago #2 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic @LuciferHawk Framework Configurator
Traces will be removed while configurations files get a backup. The configurator/mediator will also do the installation and therefore knows what ReShade binaries to remove afterwards.

What shortcuts are you talking about? (I have to admit that I never used the sweetfx configurator)

As a small update, I did a few test on the reordering and I am positive to be able to include it in the first release of the framework configurator/mediator :)

• Sh1nRa358
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #3 by Sh1nRa358 Replied by Sh1nRa358 on topic @LuciferHawk Framework Configurator
I think they used symbolic links for the files. They are link shortcuts but have the ability to appear as the real files without being the real files.

So if a game already has opengl.dll, dxgi.dll, etc in the folder that is not from reshade, the program will be able to notice that and not delete it? And what if you are using a .dll that has the ability to link reshade to it (reshade dll file name being changed)?

Cool, because manually deleting the files after an update is very tedious. Especially for all the games I have.

• Ganossa
More
8 years 10 months ago #4 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic @LuciferHawk Framework Configurator

Sh1nRa358 wrote: I think they used symbolic links for the files. They are link shortcuts but have the ability to appear as the real files without being the real files.

I don't see for what purpose this would be useful.

Sh1nRa358 wrote: So if a game already has opengl.dll, dxgi.dll, etc in the folder that is not from reshade, the program will be able to notice that and not delete it? And what if you are using a .dll that has the ability to link reshade to it (reshade dll file name being changed)?

Cool, because manually deleting the files after an update is very tedious. Especially for all the games I have.

Yes, once the tool includes also the installer (which might or might not be in the first release) it will track which files have been created.

However, if you manually change your files, e.g. to support chaining by another wrapper, you of course (like for any other usual uninstaller) will have to delete it yourself.

• Sh1nRa358
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago #5 by Sh1nRa358 Replied by Sh1nRa358 on topic @LuciferHawk Framework Configurator
1st quote:
They probably did it because:
-To reduce files sizes since we are using the same files over and over again lots of times (for the files that the user doesnt have to configure).
-To easily distinquish if the files belong to reshade

But whichever works.

BTW, I know that this has been said in the normal reshade posts but do YOU plan to implement an option to turn off the shader loading info text when reshade is being loaded (or to decrease the time that it shows like gedosato does)? A hotkey controlling if it is displayed or not would be nice also.

• Ganossa
More
8 years 10 months ago #6 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic @LuciferHawk Framework Configurator
This is something crosire has to decide but I personally dont see why it has to go. With all the recent (mostly uncontrolled) distribution of ReShade files it is good for both, developer and user, to actually know where it came from. Think of it as a water mark. Its protecting both sides.

• crosire
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #7 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic @LuciferHawk Framework Configurator
Plus it is very useful to check if ReShade works or does not work. If overlay is present = everything works fine, if not = bad, maybe wrong DLL name etc..
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by crosire.

• Sh1nRa358
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #8 by Sh1nRa358 Replied by Sh1nRa358 on topic @LuciferHawk Framework Configurator
Yeah but once you already played the game with reshade before, there's no need to keep displaying it. I want all my games to stay as pure as possible. For instance, epsxe emu, you got controller square at the top right that you can't remove and you got this message.
For nvidia 3Dvision, you got there big ol green message at the bottome that you constantly have to remove on every driver update and you got this messae on screen. Then, if you are using a benchmark, there's stuff on the screen overlapping each other making a mess. If you're using something like msi afterburner to monitor stuff, there's no need for all that stuff on-screen. To me, it feels like ads. It's just very annoying. It is also something that ppl don't want to display while making playthroughs and other types of youtube like vids.

I think that if devs desire it so badly that it just needs to have a hotkey to toggle it on to see if it is working or not (with it's default value being off). Either way, an option for it to be disabled or not is an option and it doesn't hinder anyone wanting it or not wanting it. Just sayin'. Prettay Puh-leeease :P

• crosire
More
8 years 10 months ago #9 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic @LuciferHawk Framework Configurator
But it disappears after 4 seconds ... I really don't see the problem? It's not like it's a watermark that stays ingame or is put on every screenshot or something.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick

• Sh1nRa358
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #10 by Sh1nRa358 Replied by Sh1nRa358 on topic @LuciferHawk Framework Configurator
It kinda is a watermark. It's gonna be in all the vids when you make them on youtube. Why is it so important? How much donation will convince you to do it? It's just annoying. I thought you said that you would at least make it only show on first use on like that first play message in the separate window. What happened to that? I would be content with that.

Better yet, how bout it only shows up afterwards on warnings or errors?

• sajittarius
More
8 years 10 months ago #11 by sajittarius Replied by sajittarius on topic @LuciferHawk Framework Configurator
It's a watermark that disappears after 4 seconds. Get over it. The guy wrote this awesome program that you are using on plenty of games, he should get some credit for making it look so good that you want to put it on Youtube.

• vfxninjaeditor
More
8 years 10 months ago #12 by vfxninjaeditor Replied by vfxninjaeditor on topic @LuciferHawk Framework Configurator

Sh1nRa358 wrote: It kinda is a watermark. It's gonna be in all the vids when you make them on youtube. Why is it so important? How much donation will convince you to do it? It's just annoying. I thought you said that you would at least make it only show on first use on like that first play message in the separate window. What happened to that? I would be content with that.

Better yet, how bout it only shows up afterwards on warnings or errors?

I have a question for you. Is the display message staying in the corner all the time when you play? If it is, that's a bug. It fades away after 4 seconds just like Crosire said. If you have an issue with that you should seriously get over it. It doesn't effect gameplay at all and only shows during the typical startup movies almost every game has.

• Sh1nRa358
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago #13 by Sh1nRa358 Replied by Sh1nRa358 on topic @LuciferHawk Framework Configurator
@sajittarius: stay out of things if your intention is to try to start arguments. if you don't know how to read properly, and cant determine if someone is being rude or not, stay out of it. you're tone of things is far from mine so don't go getting me confused with yourself trying to start hatred on the forums. and nobody is taking credit away for your argument to be said.

@vfxninjaeditor: nah, it works as intended. some game screens show before the nofication time is up.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.