Oil Filter Shader

• CarolKarine
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #1 by CarolKarine Oil Filter Shader was created by CarolKarine
Hello there! I have decided to create a filter that would end up looking like this . That video was made by capturing the footage and then editing each frame in photoshop.

I know how to manipulate the pixels. But I'm woefully lost in the language reshade is in. I have a crude understanding of C+, and I learn syntax quickly, but I don't know what bits that are mentioned in the reshade.fx that comes with the download (the .fx file that's supposed to make this easier) I need. for example, if I only want to do this one thing, do I need to put it in a technique? do I need to bother with textures if I'm effectively only doing color shifts on pixels?

Here is the pixel manipulation guide I'll be following. I'm afraid I can't sum it up any more than they already do, it's incredibly straightforward.

If all I want to do is take the raw image from the game, and then do this to every pixel, what do I need to do?
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by CarolKarine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• kingeric1992
More
8 years 9 months ago #2 by kingeric1992 Replied by kingeric1992 on topic Oil Filter Shader
photoshop oil effect is using different algorithm, the one u link is already ported here by JP.

I don't know exactly how PS does that, however, someone in enb forum successfully recreate the look.
just wait him to release his work.

• CarolKarine
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #3 by CarolKarine Replied by CarolKarine on topic Oil Filter Shader
the only I linked is already done? I like that one better than the photoshop one, could you link me to that shader?

EDIT: did some googling, found it. thanks!
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by CarolKarine.

• Ganossa
More
8 years 8 months ago #4 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Oil Filter Shader
Doesn't GIMP have open source shader?

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.