Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, ReShade FIX

• AndreyKva
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 weeks ago - 8 years 3 weeks ago #1 by AndreyKva Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, ReShade FIX was created by AndreyKva
EDIT: Whoopsy daisy, seems that this was caused by the AO being turned on. Not that it needed to be turned on either way, because this is a 2D game.

The game uses OpenGL and runs in 32-bit. I am using the ReShade version downloaded from the front page. Other games (except for Assassin's Creed IV and MGSV) run perfectly fine. Every time I try to start Baldur's Gate: EE up with ReShade, though, it gives me an error, saying "profile doesn't support more than 32 samplers". My .log file is, unfortunately, too long to post here. Here's the message it gives me on startup.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\ReShade.fx(14, 2): preprocessor warning: Could not find application profile, falling back to default
0(50) : error C7612: profile doesn't support more than 32 samplers
0(51) : error C7612: profile doesn't support more than 32 samplers
0(52) : error C7612: profile doesn't support more than 32 samplers
0(53) : error C7612: profile doesn't support more than 32 samplers
0(54) : error C7612: profile doesn't support more than 32 samplers

Many thanks in advance.

EDIT: Just as a test, I decided to use ReShade on Papers, Please, another 32-bit OpenGL game. It still gave me the "32 samplers" error.
Last edit: 8 years 3 weeks ago by AndreyKva.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, ReShade FIX
You have too many effects using textures enabled, which OpenGL cannot handle.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.