McFly's DOF green silhouette

• polyneutron
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 9 months ago #1 by polyneutron McFly's DOF green silhouette was created by polyneutron
Hi everyone! Guys, I honestly tried to search for a similar issue but I haven't found anything close to my "problem". So, to put it short:
- From times to times, I see that "green silhouette" around objects in focus when using McFly's DOF (which personally I like the most!), and while it's not that obvious at 4k, or at night scenes, it becomes a bit "too much to ignore" in some places.
Here's a pic to demonstrate it:
(*for some reason it was resized on TinyPic to 1600x900, while the original one was @4k. The "effect" is still clearly visible there tho)
Warning: Spoiler!

Disabling chromatic aberration won't do much 'cause it just makes the "silhouette" more white-ish, or "translucent":
Warning: Spoiler!

While decreasing the bokeh curve and/or radius (*sometimes) helps to dumb it down effectively, I would like to know if it's possible to
get rid of the "green silhouette" and keep the very same DOF' radius and curve properties at the same time. Or is it a part of the shader' focusing/blurring process, and I just have to find better settings to work with?
Thanks in advance, and sorry for the inconvenience (I mean, if something like this was discussed before, and I simply missed it).
Regards, polyneutron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Marty McFly
More
7 years 9 months ago #2 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic McFly's DOF green silhouette
Looks like in focus areas bleeding into out of focus areas. There is no definitive way to stop that only to lessen the effect as much as possible. There are counter measures in the code already though.

• polyneutron
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 9 months ago #3 by polyneutron Replied by polyneutron on topic McFly's DOF green silhouette
I see. Thanks for the reply, @Marty McFly!

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.