[SOLVED] Reshade 3.0: MXAO Witcher 3 flicker

• Sunesha
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #1 by Sunesha [Solved]Reshade 3.0: MXAO Witcher 3 flicker was created by Sunesha
I was trying to get MXAO in Witcher 3, as I think it superior to the HBAO+ I usually use. But it flickers at all settings. I have tried to turn off diffrent stuff in the W3 graphic settings as maybe something is messing with. I tried the boundary check setting, though this setting doesnt work, when activated it turns off all MXAO.

I tried the diffrent depth settings in the pre window in Reshade 3.0. There was no low precision setting in the Reshade 3.0 settings, not that believe it would make difference in this case.

Is there something I can do from my end? Or this a known thing. I use some mods, the only one that may be culprint would be a lighting mod

A 25 FPS GIF showing how it looks from my computer
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Sunesha.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Sunesha
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #2 by Sunesha Replied by Sunesha on topic [Solved]Reshade 3.0: MXAO Witcher 3 flicker
LOL I was just thinking. Wait Witcher 3 has a temporal antialias, maybe that screw the depth buffer.

Yes this issue can be solved by turning off Witcher 3 own post-processing anti alias. I hope not get to much creepy crawlies. But I am glad that found this out.

• Techno Peter
More
7 years 6 months ago #3 by Techno Peter Replied by Techno Peter on topic [Solved]Reshade 3.0: MXAO Witcher 3 flicker
I just found this thread with the search function. How did you get The Witcher 3 running with ReShade 3.0 at all? It always crashes for me as soon as I load a save from the main menu. It works completely fine with ReShade 2.0 tho.

• Marty McFly
More
7 years 6 months ago #4 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic [Solved]Reshade 3.0: MXAO Witcher 3 flicker
I have that as well - seems like the depth buffer is "vibrating". Nothing wrong on your side mate :)

• Sunesha
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #5 by Sunesha Replied by Sunesha on topic [Solved]Reshade 3.0: MXAO Witcher 3 flicker

Marty McFly wrote: I have that as well - seems like the depth buffer is "vibrating". Nothing wrong on your side mate :)

The "good vibrations" go away if you dont use witcher 3 FXAA. Though this leads to more temporal aliasing. So yeah it is kinda win some lose some.

• Sunesha
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #6 by Sunesha Replied by Sunesha on topic [Solved]Reshade 3.0: MXAO Witcher 3 flicker

Techno Peter wrote: I just found this thread with the search function. How did you get The Witcher 3 running with ReShade 3.0 at all? It always crashes for me as soon as I load a save from the main menu. It works completely fine with ReShade 2.0 tho.

I just used the the Reshade 3 setup tool choose the dx10+ option. Worked for me, though maybe system difference. I use Windows10 pro.

• MonarchX
More
6 years 6 months ago #7 by MonarchX Replied by MonarchX on topic [Solved]Reshade 3.0: MXAO Witcher 3 flicker
Has anyone succeeded at running Witcher 3 with MXAO without flickering? Disabling TAA does not help and W3 looks amazing with MXAO...

• Uncle Crassius
More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #8 by Uncle Crassius Replied by Uncle Crassius on topic [Solved]Reshade 3.0: MXAO Witcher 3 flicker
Like I wrote in another topic: depth buffer is reversed instead of logarithmic, at least in the gog version. Haven't got any problems at all if I disable ingame AA.

And with slightly different settings (but same preprocessor stuff):

And since I wanted to do this for once anyway here's a short video .
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Uncle Crassius.

• MonarchX
More
6 years 5 months ago #9 by MonarchX Replied by MonarchX on topic [Solved]Reshade 3.0: MXAO Witcher 3 flicker
Could you share your preset, please?

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.