Adding Shaders into 3.0?

• Trusty McLegit
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #1 by Trusty McLegit Adding Shaders into 3.0? was created by Trusty McLegit
So I've been using 2.0.3 for a while now, and when I saw that 3.0 was out and that you could change effects on the fly I was super excited. Unfortunately, it seems that most of the shaders are gone (like the ones from GemFX, CustomFX, etc.) I tried moving the old effects into the shaders folder (and the textures into the textures folder) of a game that had 3.0.1 installed, but when I booted up the game I saw none of the new effects I had added. Am I doing something wrong, or is 3.0 not compatible with those effects?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
7 years 6 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Adding Shaders into 3.0?
Shaders in 3.0 are simpler to write. The old complicated layout of older versions does not work with it, sorry. Post your requests in the shader ideas category of this forum abd I'm sure somebody will help porting them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.