Need help from a DOF Expert

• vackillers
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 4 months ago #1 by vackillers Need help from a DOF Expert was created by vackillers
I'm having a hard time with DOF working with NMS. Sometimes it'll work, sometimes it wont, often it wont, or it seems like its trying to shape the DOF focus point into some really weird off looking shape....

Here is the DOF when it works:
imgur.com/a/0AYLU

Here is the DOF when it starts doing weird things to my screen:
imgur.com/a/g9wt3#B8QFDC5

You can really see the shape better in the menu screenshots, might need to open them fullscreen also to see my issue properly. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I've tried tinkering with things inside the DOF effect filter but it does absolutely nothing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
7 years 4 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Need help from a DOF Expert
Looks like ReShade picks up the wrong depth buffer in the second case, which does not contain the scene, but something else. DOF won't work properly then. Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do about that. Sometimes ReShade's algorithm simply fails to do right.

• vackillers
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #3 by vackillers Replied by vackillers on topic Need help from a DOF Expert
thanks a lot for the reply, even though I was hoping there was more of a fix. don't suppose you have any suggestions on anything at all that I could possibly try to make it better? or even change for the depth buffer? not even sure where to find that config
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by vackillers.

• crosire
More
7 years 4 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Need help from a DOF Expert
There is none. And no.

• vackillers
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #5 by vackillers Replied by vackillers on topic Need help from a DOF Expert
okay. So if you could help just one more time, how exactly can I change/define a new DOF effect? I gone through the DOF.fx the actual preset reshade.ini as well as the reshade.fx files and there doesn't seem to be anyway to actually define what DOF effect its supposed to be using or to change it. It is supposed to be using DepthOfField_Magic but I don't think it is... it has a void line for it in the DOF.fx file.

thanks again...
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by vackillers.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.