Preprocessor Error with Reshade 3.0

• D_Widget
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #1 by D_Widget Preprocessor Error with Reshade 3.0 was created by D_Widget
Recently installed Reshade for Dark Souls 3 to use ReKindled and Lexar's FX presets. Followed the instructions to a t and get a bunch of errors saying '"Preprocessor error: could not open included file '[common.fx, riggycount.fx, etc]'". Checked the files, they're there, and I get the same errors with both the Rekindled preset and Lexar's preset, so I'm assuming there isn't anything wrong with the files themselves. At the moment I'm completely stumped. Hopefully there's a really simple fix for this. Thank you so much in advance for any feedback and help.

Screenshot of the the log because I can't find the actual log outside of the in-game UI:
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by D_Widget.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
7 years 4 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Preprocessor Error with Reshade 3.0
Delete ReShade.fx. It's a file from ReShade 2.0 that should not be there if you use ReShade 3.0.

• D_Widget
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #3 by D_Widget Replied by D_Widget on topic Preprocessor Error with Reshade 3.0
Tried that, now reshade won't recognize anything, not even a log.

• crosire
More
7 years 4 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Preprocessor Error with Reshade 3.0
Use the official setup tool from this website to install ReShade. All files will be put in the right locations then. And never mix an old version of ReShade with a newer one. Same goes for presets.

• D_Widget
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 4 months ago #5 by D_Widget Replied by D_Widget on topic Preprocessor Error with Reshade 3.0
I did use the official tool, than downloaded and installed the Rekindled FX 1.2 preset I got from the presets section of the website. Does this mean the preset itself is out of date? If it is, is there a place I could check for an updated one?

• D_Widget
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #6 by D_Widget Replied by D_Widget on topic Preprocessor Error with Reshade 3.0
I guess not.

• Gar Stazi
More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #7 by Gar Stazi Replied by Gar Stazi on topic Preprocessor Error with Reshade 3.0
Rekindled FX v1.2 uses an older version of Reshade. Reshade 3.0 is the most recent version, but you can check here to find older versions:
reshade.me/forum/general-discussion/294-...-repository-new-host
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Gar Stazi.

• D_Widget
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 4 months ago #8 by D_Widget Replied by D_Widget on topic Preprocessor Error with Reshade 3.0
Thanks for the info, will switch over to an older version.

• F D B
More
7 years 3 months ago #9 by F D B Replied by F D B on topic Preprocessor Error with Reshade 3.0
I understand that you are trying to encourage to move to a newer version, which is going to make things easier and probably works better already. But ReShade 3.0 still lacks some very important shaders that are holding back some people (like me).

Like LUTs and HSV.

I will definetely try that version when those things are included by default.
Meanwhile I'm also stuck with the Mediator (which is a great version btw, I don't know why you guys decided to ditch it).

Thank you for everything you do Crosire. I really really appreciate it. Games wouldn't be the same without ReShade (any version).

• crosire
More
7 years 3 months ago #10 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Preprocessor Error with Reshade 3.0
LUT is in the default shaders of 3.0 and HSV is available as well, just do a quick search on the forum for the latter.

• B4rr3l
More
6 years 10 months ago #11 by B4rr3l Replied by B4rr3l on topic Preprocessor Error with Reshade 3.0
I got a lot of preprocessor errors specially related to Need_sRGB an SMAA, the come from a sweetFX folder inside my BF2 folder that I can't make it show, same for the .ini profiles that I can't delete.

• FierySwordswoman
More
6 years 10 months ago #12 by FierySwordswoman Replied by FierySwordswoman on topic Preprocessor Error with Reshade 3.0
Why is there a "SweetFX" folder for your reshade 3 install?

• B4rr3l
More
6 years 10 months ago #13 by B4rr3l Replied by B4rr3l on topic Preprocessor Error with Reshade 3.0
Cause I used older version before, but even deleting them it still there. Is there a way to share my reshade 3.0 .ini profile?

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.