Assassin's Creed 2 RBM.fx bleed

• ledbetterman
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #1 by ledbetterman Assassin's Creed 2 RBM.fx bleed was created by ledbetterman
I'm really enjoying the reshade suite and RBM is a fantastic way to pull some details out of the low-res background textures in AC2. However, I'm finding that certain depth-based shaders, namely RBM and MXAO are bleeding through foreground objects that ought to occlude the applied effects.

At first, I thought it had to do with the z-buffer being reversed, so I changed the pre-processor value to reflect that. This actually made things worse, highlighting much more of the occluded scenery behind mid-ground buildings, and causing strange horizontal scan lines that came off all scenery affected by the RBM shader. I tried messing around with the various other pre-processor values, such as the far-plane vals and depth input logrithmic values, but these didn't appear to affect anything (though I'm not sure what they do, so I could have not set them properly).

I am getting preprocessor errors for d3d9.fx, dxgi.fx, and shader.fx that states that there is a redefinition of the 'Need_sRGB'. Unsure if this has anything to do with it, but I thought I'd include the info just in case.

It would seem that, while Reshade is pulling the appropriately oriented z-buffer, the shader effects are still bleeding through. Any suggestions on how to fix would be great!
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by ledbetterman.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.