Reshade Timers need help clearing things up.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #1 by BlueSkyKnight Reshade Timers need help clearing things up. was created by BlueSkyKnight
This works well untill The game FPS Falls Bellow 60 Then I lose sync and the order is reverse. I get this problem.

uniform int framecount < source = "framecount"; >;
if ((framecount % 2) == 1)//even//odd
{
color =Left;
}
else
{
color = Right;
}

So I tried this.
This Works until the game FPS slows down. It seems to me the timer slows down with the game....... This is a problem when trying to keep time that or I am doing something wrong.

uniform float timer < source = "timer"; >;
float FT = 16.7;//frametime for 60FPS more or less
if (int(timer/FT) & 1)
{
color =Left;
}
else
{
color = Right;
}

So I have been trying to do Frame sequential. But, I have a problem keeping time. Also would it be hard to implement Vblank syncing in to reshade? If there already a way I would love to know how to sync to Vblank.

Any help would be nice. :)

Thank you.......
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by BlueSkyKnight. Reason: I moved this post to the right section of the forums I think and deleted my old post.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Marty McFly
More
7 years 2 months ago #2 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Reshade Timers need help clearing things up.
Confirms my tests from earlier. A few months ago I tried some temporal AA fix for MXAO, because the depth buffer of Witcher 3 appears to be "vibrating" with TAA on. It's a shift from 1 pixel diagonally every second frame. Tried to reverse this behavior by reversing the shift every second frame but this didn't keep pace but sometimes doubled the shift because it moved the wrong frames into the wrong direction.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.