Audible Noise When ReShade Active

• chinagreenelvis
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 2 months ago #1 by chinagreenelvis Audible Noise When ReShade Active was created by chinagreenelvis
Running a GTX 570 and a Xonar D2 audio card. Occasionally, I'll get little buzzes of audio interference from the graphics card when browsing websites, opening and closing windows, etc., but when ReShade is active in any game, I get a very loud and constant electronic hum. I've tested it by disabling the DLL, and when the modification isn't active, the noise goes away.

Any thoughts? Recommendations?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Marty McFly
More
7 years 2 months ago #2 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Audible Noise When ReShade Active
Are you sure it's not humming from the coils on the video card? I get that frequently when my video card is heavily used or I have uber high fps in menus. I can practically hear the fps number :p
In any case, it's bad manufacturing of your hardware. Your audio card and your video card should neither send nor receive any electomagnetic waves from other components.

• crosire
More
7 years 2 months ago #3 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Audible Noise When ReShade Active
ReShade = more work for video card, more work = coil whine on some cards

• brussell
More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #4 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic Audible Noise When ReShade Active
I've noticed the same with two RX480 lately. And unfortunately the coil whine was only clearly audible when using Reshade. Undervolting and Underclocking helped a bit though. It's really pathetic that apparently one has to live with this annoyance nowadays. Never had such issues with past gpus...
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by brussell.

• Marty McFly
More
7 years 2 months ago #5 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Audible Noise When ReShade Active
Fixed an older card with glue on the coils (the problem comes from not properly glued coil wires) but didn't dare on my current card yet.

• ShoterXX
More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #6 by ShoterXX Replied by ShoterXX on topic Audible Noise When ReShade Active
Some manufacturers allow you to RMA a card or other components for coil whine. EVGA does that IIRC, and the guys at the store I bought my 1070 told me I could RMA mine (Gigabyte) without any issues for a somewhat audible coil whine.

But I didn't, because I live in a server room anyway :silly:

Note that GPU coil whine could also be caused by a faulty power supply, though it's not the most common scenario.
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by ShoterXX.

• v00d00m4n
More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #7 by v00d00m4n Replied by v00d00m4n on topic Audible Noise When ReShade Active
Buy yourself well screened case with no windows and extra holes, put ferrite (magnet) shell\ring over each cable's end.
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by v00d00m4n.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.