POM Custom Effect

• cr4zyw3ld3r
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #21 by cr4zyw3ld3r Replied by cr4zyw3ld3r on topic POM Custom Effect
I don't need Reshade to access those textures because I am loading them into memory on the fly with another tool.
Yes I have another renderer, it's going through dgvoodo which translates a lot of the dx8 calls into DX11, which is capable of handling POM.

I just wanted to try it with reshade to see what the result is before going another route.
As for being a ShaDer programmer that, I am not. Not yet, but I was hoping you could point me to some resources to get started.
Especially to get started with reshade. I just want to know how to get code that exists already to run. Before doing my own.
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by cr4zyw3ld3r. Reason: Mistakes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
7 years 1 month ago #22 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic POM Custom Effect

cr4zyw3ld3r wrote: I just want to know how to get code that exists already to run. Before doing my own.

Store it in a file with the file extension ".fx" and put it inside the reshade-shaders folder the ReShade setup tool created in your game directory. Next time you launch the game or reload via the "Reload" button in the in-game GUI a new technique called "Emboss" will appear in the technique list that you can enable.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cr4zyw3ld3r

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.