[SOLVED] Using a color map from Reshade v1.1.0 in Reshade 3

• Convy
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago #1 by Convy Using a color map from Reshade v1.1.0 in Reshade 3 was created by Convy
Hi, I have a 1024 x 1024 px PNG image of a gradient that I made and used with ENB in Skyrim, Reshade v1.1.0 in Fallout 4, and now I would like to use it with Reshade 3 in Elite: Dangerous.

In Reshade v1.1.0, I used an effect called Color Map, which had its parameters in CustomFX.cfg. The effect referred to an image, CFX_TuningPalette.png, and I just used my gradient for that file. The effect also let me tune the strength of the color mapping so I could get it just right.

I think Reshade 3 is much improved over the older version, but I do not find where I might be able to use such an image to map the color. What would be the best way to use a gradient image for color mapping with Reshade 3? Thanks!

--Burt Convy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• FierySwordswoman
More
6 years 11 months ago #2 by FierySwordswoman Replied by FierySwordswoman on topic Using a color map from Reshade v1.1.0 in Reshade 3
The simplest way would probably be to just re-create the color mod on a lut.

• Convy
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago #3 by Convy Replied by Convy on topic Using a color map from Reshade v1.1.0 in Reshade 3
Thanks! What would be the easiest way to do that? I found a program called 3D LUT Creator, but it's $199. Could I use my gradient image to apply Photoshop's "gradient map" adjustment to the lut.png included in Reshade 3's "Textures" folder and then make a new lut.png? Or, what method would you use?

• crosire
More
6 years 11 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Using a color map from Reshade v1.1.0 in Reshade 3
Yes, use the default LUT and modify it in Photoshop or similar by applying the same transformations you'd apply to a normal image.

• FierySwordswoman
More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #5 by FierySwordswoman Replied by FierySwordswoman on topic Using a color map from Reshade v1.1.0 in Reshade 3

crosire wrote: Yes, use the default LUT and modify it in Photoshop or similar by applying the same transformations you'd apply to a normal image.

My 2 cents:
I use GIMP for it. It's free.
I can make a LUT tutorial using GIMP if you want.
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by FierySwordswoman.

• Convy
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago #6 by Convy Replied by Convy on topic Using a color map from Reshade v1.1.0 in Reshade 3
Thanks, Crosire, and thanks FierySwordswoman for the very kind offer. I was able to to do it in Photoshop CS6 and it worked great. I think using the LUT will work out better than using just the gradient image, which I think was prone to color banding. Thanks!

• Insomnia
More
6 years 11 months ago #7 by Insomnia Replied by Insomnia on topic Using a color map from Reshade v1.1.0 in Reshade 3

FierySwordswoman wrote: I can make a LUT tutorial using GIMP if you want.

Yes please! :D

• Marty
More
6 years 11 months ago #8 by Marty Replied by Marty on topic Using a color map from Reshade v1.1.0 in Reshade 3

FierySwordswoman wrote: I can make a LUT tutorial using GIMP if you want.

That would be swell.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.