Assassin's Creed II MXAO issue

• uggson
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 10 months ago #1 by uggson Assassin's Creed II MXAO issue was created by uggson
So I've been making some presets for AC2, which is my favourite game of all time, but is looking a little outdated. With just about every effect working fine, I am having an issue with MXAO. Everything is practically transparent when it is turned on, as the ambient occlusion can be seen through walls. This is a massive shame because apart from this, the game looks absolutely stunning with AO. Does anybody know a fix?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Marty McFly
More
6 years 10 months ago #2 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Assassin's Creed II MXAO issue
That looks more like a depth buffer issue, probably it doesn't contain the depth data of certain objects and then takes the depth data of those behind.
@crosire?
The following user(s) said Thank You: uggson

• crosire
More
6 years 10 months ago #3 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Assassin's Creed II MXAO issue
I guess so. You may want to check what the depth buffer looks like (DisplayDepth effect).
The following user(s) said Thank You: uggson

• uggson
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 10 months ago #4 by uggson Replied by uggson on topic Assassin's Creed II MXAO issue
Thanks for replying guys. :) I turned it on and it looks like this:

i.imgur.com/IRymERr.jpg (on)

i.imgur.com/HvYNZ3p.jpg (no effects enabled)

Does this mean there is no way of getting past this issue?

• uggson
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 10 months ago #5 by uggson Replied by uggson on topic Assassin's Creed II MXAO issue
Do you know of any other ways this issue could be delt with? @crosire

• FierySwordswoman
More
6 years 10 months ago #6 by FierySwordswoman Replied by FierySwordswoman on topic Assassin's Creed II MXAO issue
Yeesh, there's a lot cut out of that. You'll probably just have to use the game's AO and some contrast adjustments.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.