DOF Don't work in Elite Dangerous

• MrDionne
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #1 by MrDionne DOF Don't work in Elite Dangerous was created by MrDionne
Hello, I'm new. I'm trying to put a Reshade with DOF effect on my Elite Dangerous game.
I downloaded the reshade 3.0.8 and I followed the tutorial for the installation. I have currently activated the fake HDR, adaptive sharpen, sepia, tonemap, ambient light, DOF and LightDoF effects.
All work very well except the DOF and LightDoF. I tried to move all the settings for hours. I activated the autofocus (when I disable it, the whole screen becomes blurred), but nothing works. There is no effect of depth of field or bokeh effect. I try to disable the FXAA in the game, but it don't work.

I'd like something like that when I play:
forums.frontier.co.uk/attachment.php?att...d=96504&d=1453236050
farm3.staticflickr.com/2846/33542293582_d25038ba0d_k.jpg
c1.staticflickr.com/1/604/21656311189_16c4c8f24e_h.jpg

I'm a newbie. I would need help. As I told you, I do not know anything and everything is in Chinese for me lol.
Thank.
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by MrDionne.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• MrDionne
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #2 by MrDionne Replied by MrDionne on topic DOF Don't work in Elite Dangerous
Ok, I just found the answer myself. Reshade 3.0 has a memory network check. This makes the DOF effect doesn't work in online games. I can understand that some people can use this as a cheat like a wallhack in FPS games. But can someone explain to me the interest of this crappy network check in a game of SPACE SHIP ? Can someone tell me where we can put a f***ing wallhack in the VOID OF SPACE ??? DUH !!! :pinch:

Especially since I play Elite Dangerous only in SOLO mode.
Please, tell me we can disable this stupid network check in Elite !
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by MrDionne.

• Insomnia
More
6 years 4 months ago #3 by Insomnia Replied by Insomnia on topic DOF Don't work in Elite Dangerous
Use an older ReShade version and it should be just fine. I'm using 3.0.4 and DOF works flawlessly.
Besides, against the black backgrounds, using depth effects in ED to cheat is just silly. :)

• MrDionne
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 4 months ago #4 by MrDionne Replied by MrDionne on topic DOF Don't work in Elite Dangerous
Ok thank. Do you have a link for reshade 3.0.4 pls ?

• Insomnia
More
6 years 4 months ago #5 by Insomnia Replied by Insomnia on topic DOF Don't work in Elite Dangerous

• MrDionne
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 4 months ago #6 by MrDionne Replied by MrDionne on topic DOF Don't work in Elite Dangerous
Thank you. But unfortunately I tried the versions 3.0.4 / 3.0.1 / 3.0.8 and the latest version 3.1.0 and the DOF effect does not work on any of it. When I turn on the DisplayDepth.fx effect, the entire screen becomes all black. I don't understand why it works for you with version 3.0.4, but not for me.

I only have to try the old version 2.0 and 1.1 of the reshade. But there is no automatic installer in .exe format for these versions. And since my knowledge is too limited in this area, I think I will give up.

Thanks anyway for trying to help me.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.