Fog doesn't work, no distance

• k1npatsu
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 1 month ago #1 by k1npatsu Fog doesn't work, no distance was created by k1npatsu
Hi,

almost every .ini effect works, but AmbientFog.ini isn't working at all. What's more DOF.ini and Emphasize.ini aren't being affected by distance settings. Basically I think the issue is that reshade can't calculate distances between objects in-game.

GIF here

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
6 years 1 month ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Fog doesn't work, no distance
You are playing a multiplayer game. ReShade blocks access to the depth buffer in multiplayer games to prevent cheating. This means effects like DOF and AmbientFog simply won't work.

• k1npatsu
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #3 by k1npatsu Replied by k1npatsu on topic Fog doesn't work, no distance

crosire wrote: You are playing a multiplayer game. ReShade blocks access to the depth buffer in multiplayer games to prevent cheating. This means effects like DOF and AmbientFog simply won't work.

The thing is, I want to use it for the sake of recording .replay files. It works for other editors and they do nothing different from me.
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by k1npatsu.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.