OpenGL DisplayDepth.fx Editing code

• JigglyBuns
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago #1 by JigglyBuns OpenGL DisplayDepth.fx Editing code was created by JigglyBuns
Hello guys, I am extremely new to reshade and especially when it comes to trying to manipulate code with shaders. I've started this topic as I can't find any tutorials to edit openGL shaders, they are all DirectX (if im wrong please link me one).

So im trying to edit the code so that i can delete the line of code that is blocking the display depth from working online when there is a present internet connection, and would love for someone to give me insight and guide me the way if possible.
Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Martigen
More
5 years 3 months ago #2 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic OpenGL DisplayDepth.fx Editing code
The problem is doing so can enable Reshade to be used as a cheat in online games, which will see Reshade banned from being used in games, which is why it's disabled during online play. The actions of a few cheaters could impact thousands of other fair Reshade users who want to use non depth-buffer based effects with their online games.

I don't think you'll get much support in doing this.

• JBeckman
More
5 years 3 months ago #3 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic OpenGL DisplayDepth.fx Editing code

JigglyBuns wrote: Hello guys, I am extremely new to reshade and especially when it comes to trying to manipulate code with shaders. I've started this topic as I can't find any tutorials to edit openGL shaders, they are all DirectX (if im wrong please link me one).

So im trying to edit the code so that i can delete the line of code that is blocking the display depth from working online when there is a present internet connection, and would love for someone to give me insight and guide me the way if possible.
Thanks.

That's not the .FX shader but ReShade itself. :)
There's a recent post here somewhere where Crosire explains it and there's been older forks of the project that in various ways removes or comments these checks.
github.com/HelloKitty/reshade/commit/91a...38b4ff4745211c2f4018

The recompiled ReShade .dll files will differ from the official distribution and there will never be a commit where is done by default since it impacts online play by allowing certain effects and some anti-cheat software is already banning for shaders such as crosshairs, zoom and others that can be done even without a depth buffer for ReShade. :)
You'll also find various crosshair shader commits on the Github page for the ReShade shaders being declined for inclusion in the repository for that reason but they'll be distributed elsewhere and that's also somewhat of a problem though it's less than can be done with a depth buffer unlocked version.

So the idea is to have the official version and it can be whitelisted over time as new versions come out (Slowly, not at all for some games actually such as EasyAntiCheat since the game keeps the files locally and if the game is no longer updated then no further whitelisted binaries can be provided to it's files.) and then users can compile their own version with these checks commented our or stripped out in part or in full but they will differ from the officials and won't be whitelisted by the anti-cheat software. Or such is the idea at least as I recall it. :)
(In actuality and with publisher nervousness and online gaming popularity I'd expect a full ban on ReShade if more binaries with a unlocked depth buffer or other "tweaks" start circulating in bigger numbers.)

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.