I can not activate DOF on the sims 4

• André Dramactin
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago #1 by André Dramactin I can not activate DOF on the sims 4 was created by André Dramactin
I downloaded ReShade these days to play the sims 4 better, but I would like to enable DOF, but I do not know how. I have seen in several topics how to activate but I can not. It does not focus automatically or even manually.
I have downloaded and uninstalled several times and have already downloaded version 4.2.0 and version 3.4.0 but it still does not work.
Am I doing something wrong?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• seri14
More
5 years 1 month ago #2 by seri14 Replied by seri14 on topic I can not activate DOF on the sims 4
When did you download ReShade and Reshade-Shaders?
Can not effect DoF from downloaded file now?

• Duran.te
More
5 years 1 month ago #3 by Duran.te Replied by Duran.te on topic I can not activate DOF on the sims 4
Depth buffer is working correctly? If not, every depth - depending shaders, including Depth of Field, won't work at all.
In case you need, here's a guide containing every information about it.

• André Dramactin
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago #4 by André Dramactin Replied by André Dramactin on topic I can not activate DOF on the sims 4
I just notice that the DOF only works when the game is in windowed mode, but the DOF gets all disfigured. When I put it in full screen, even activating the DOF does not change anything in the game, it's as if I did not even activate it

• Duran.te
More
5 years 1 month ago #5 by Duran.te Replied by Duran.te on topic I can not activate DOF on the sims 4
Disable windows fullscreen optimizations, otherwise try using borderless mode.
About the " disfigured " effect, try playing with global preprocessor definitions. Maybe you need to reverse / flip upside down the depth buffer.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.